Any iA Writer Fans?

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I know there are a lot of text editors out there, but I wanted to see if there were any other iA Writer users here. I thought it would be interesting to collect some feedback and share it with the developers. Also, we covered a lot of design in my classes and I wanted to practice some of the concepts we learned.

Also, I've jotted down a lot of ideas and I figure better to share it with other fans first. This seemed like a good place to start, rather than an open forum. I figure there is a better chance for back and forth dialogue with less noise.

So, any iA Writer fans here? What are your thoughts? What would you like to see?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am indeed a fan of the iAWriter app, but it's been a while since I've last used it. My focus on Evernote at the time is the main reason I stopped using the iAWriter app, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I highly recommend the iAWriter app to anyone thinking of giving it a try.

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I am indeed a fan of the iAWriter app, but it's been a while since I've last used it. My focus on Evernote at the time is the main reason I stopped using the iAWriter app, if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, I highly recommend the iAWriter app to anyone thinking of giving it a try.

Where there anythings you wished it had? Maybe a widget to jot down some quick notes?

Admittedly, it is an app for writing, not necessarily note taking.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Where there anythings you wished it had? Maybe a widget to jot down some quick notes?

Admittedly, it is an app for writing, not necessarily note taking.

There is nothing wrong with the app as far as I'm concerned. I was simply focused on Evernote at the time and trying figuring out its many uses and incorporate it in regard to my needs. iAWriter got lost in the process. That's all. I was mostly using it for Mobile Nations purposes....guides & How-to's, weekly updates, etcetera.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't looked into it, I currently use Byword myself.

EDIT: I also use Pages, simply for the ease of dragging in photos for my reviews when I'm done writing them so I have a saved copy with photos for myself.

cuttheredwire

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I haven't looked into it, I currently use Byword myself.

EDIT: I also use Pages, simply for the ease of dragging in photos for my reviews when I'm done writing them so I have a saved copy with photos for myself.

Note: You can save images to the folders in iA Writer and call theme with "/image.ext" by the way. You also can encode them as base64, and use a "[link]: base64encodedtext" to keep images at the end of the text file, but in the right spot when previewed or exported. The former method is better for larger images; the latter for smaller images.