All the android usuers with big screens. how do you like the move?

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can tether with the iPhone in one of two ways. Either pay your carrier whatever tethering charges are involved, or jailbreak and tether for free via two apps that are available in Cydia; MyWi, or PDANet ( this one has a toggle to block the fact that you are tethering from your carrier).

Yeah tethering is included in my plan

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The switch to the smaller screen has been non-problematic. The loss of flash is honestly not something I'm worried about. I barely utilized that on my Evo. The adjustment to iOS has been pretty seamless. Then again, I have been a long time iPod touch user so I was not completely lost and had been quite familiar with it and it's features for quite some time now. And you can always ask for help with things on google or this forum if you decide to make the switch. :)

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
The only thing with jail breaking for the free tethering though is you have to be careful. I know for sure miWi if u use it too much your carrier they will automatically upgrade you to a tethering plan because they'll notice. Now the other tweak I haven't used. PDAnet but just watch out for that.

tapatalk on iPad 2 running ios5

hondateg91

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I traded my Thunderbolt for my current iPhone 4 and haven't really looked back. The screen resolution on the 4 is way better and visibly better in sunlight which I hated on most Android phones I have owned. So far the trade has been worth it and we'll see how long this phone sticks with me.

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I would like to thank everyone for their great replies.
Have helped answer alot of questions.

I was just told by someone this afternoon that the I-Phone seems faster on sprint than their
Android.. They thought maybe sprint allowing more bandwidth for the I-Phone.. interesting....
Not sure how true that is as this is the first I have heard of that.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I actually had the Epic Touch 4G which is a huge phone. Switched carriers though because I wasn't getting along with Sprint's network. Went to Verizon and got the 4S. I believe it is the best phone on the planet. Regarding the screen size, I think that the iPhone may be the perfect size. I like that I can use the phone with one hand. The look of it is great. The functionality of it is unmatched. I never have any issues. The iTunes ecosystem is very intuitive. I would have a very difficult time considering Android again.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RocknBlogger

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I would like to thank everyone for their great replies.
Have helped answer alot of questions.

I was just told by someone this afternoon that the I-Phone seems faster on sprint than their
Android.. They thought maybe sprint allowing more bandwidth for the I-Phone.. interesting....
Not sure how true that is as this is the first I have heard of that.

That's actually good to hear. I personally have had no issues with data speed but there's a thread in the Sprint forums that's about 50 pages long with people complaining about very poor speed.

But I think you really have to take a lot of the comments with a grain of salt. I don't sit here all day testing my data speed. I just use the phone without thinking about it. But if I do check the speed the results look poor sometimes. And at first I got a bit wrapped up in that whole speed thing but I decided to stop checking and just use the phone and I honestly can't complain about the performance I get. I suppose where you are can affect your data speed.

Good luck with it and I hope you get as much enjoyment out of it as I do ;)

bhappy11

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Well come to find out... I Don't get as big a company. Discount as told from AT&T.. was told 28% it is only 18 %...

I may end up staying with sprint for awhile longer. :(

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
im aswell came from android and blackberry.first i got the nexus one then dell streak which is 5 incher phone and then blackberry torch and now iphone 4s.i think iphone 3.5 inch is good size screen but i really like it little bigger like 3.7 incher.but anyways i like android but ios5 is better.if you want a simple but reliable os the IOS is way to go.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
How are you adjusting to the smaller screen size?
I don't think my Droid's screen was that much bigger. I definitely prefer the retina display but asking me doesn't help. Try out a 4s for yourself.

Is not having flash for websites missed?
I don't rely on that many sites that use Flash. Again, asking me doesn't help. You need to look at the sites you frequent and whether or not they require Flash.

How is the adjustment to IOS?
Very easy but I adjust to all OS's very quickly.

Pretty much all your questions are highly subjective. It would be more productive to know your needs/wants and for you to take a 4s for a spin rather than query others about their subjective preferences.

HoLs

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
* How are you adjusting to the smaller screen size?

I hate it. I came from the Evo, and prefer it's screen size over the smaller iphone. The iphone's retina display is great tho.

*Is not having flash for websites missed?

A minor inconvenience, but you learn to adapt.

*How is the adjustment to IOS?

I also had a 4 before I ditched the Evo for the 4S (i have since sold the 4). I decided to move because of the vast improvements on iOS 5. I also enjoy the apps and games on the appstore vs android market. iOS is very easy to use, but i do miss the customization of some settings from android (i.e.: different notification tones for differnt apps)

v6mikey

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I came from an HTC HD2. The biggest that really surprised me is that I can now type a lot faster on the 4s than I could with the HD2 with the bigger screen and therefore bigger keyboard. :confused: I really didn't expect that at all.

Also love the way the IOS just works, very slick. :D

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I came from an HTC HD2. The biggest that really surprised me is that I can now type a lot faster on the 4s than I could with the HD2 with the bigger screen and therefore bigger keyboard. :confused: I really didn't expect that at all.

Also love the way the IOS just works, very slick. :D

I have a theory on the typing and why it is faster on the iPhone. I thought for sure with my SGSII that I would be faster and more accurate because the keyboard would be bigger. But I have found that the faster you type the less area you cover accurately. To type faster, the keyboard must be compact. It takes up more time to stretch your fingers ever do slightly on a bigger keyboard. So if you try to type really faster you suffer with your accuracy. That's why I type a lot faster on my iPhone and I'm a lot more accurate. Plus the text prediction on ios is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77