AirPlay in iOS 7

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Invoke the Control Center... and you should see options to tap for AirDrop & AirPlay below the volume controls... tap AirPlay & select your AppleTV... and mirror if desired... then go back to your phone, and play your media... it should come from your TV via AppleTV.

Harold S

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but here goes..... Is anyone else having trouble with airplay mirroring in iOS 7? I updated my iPad and my Apple TV a couple days ago so I'm not sure which update messed up the mirroring functionality. I am aware of the release of the Apple TV update that was retracted and then subsequently re released to fix the potential bricking issues. I have updated my Apple TV to the second re released update but airplay mirroring is still not working. I'm not having any issues air playing audio or video to my Apple TV but when I turn on mirroring my tv screen just goes black. Any suggestions?

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues with Airplay too. Sometimes the option shows up in my control center and sometimes it doesn't. When it does, if I try to engage Airplay to play on my Apple TV the Airplay connection drops and the option disappears from my control center menu. I can get the Airplay option to reappear in control center by turning off Airplay on my Apple TV and turning it back on again, but I get the same result when I try play something. I am chalking it up to a bug, either in iOS7 or in the Apple TV. I have faith that Apple will fix it in due time, so I'm not too worried about it.

brandonidd

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I am having similar issues. As is the teacher next door to me. We use appleTV to project our iPad onto a screen, but the iOS7 update now does not mirror properly, and in fact only shows a grey pix-elated screen usually. I had it mirroring once, but no more... bleh.

SaraGreer69

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having issues with the AirPlay icon showing up, then disappearing. I had 3 supports chats with apple on Wednesday and they couldn't resolve it any of those times. They had me erase all that data on my phone and set up as a new phone and I'm still having the same issue. I've given up. I haven't been able to update my AppleTV software because it keeps failing. I'm hoping that once I can update AppleTV maybe the issue will be resolved. Oddly, I'm not having that issue on my iPad, it just drops the signal pretty frequently.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sara it sounds like possible issues with the wifi node you're connecting to... Reboot that...

As for updating the AppleTV - you can do that via iTunes on a computer... hunt up a micro USB cable - and plug it into the AppleTV near the HDMI port - and then into the computer... if you have a 3rd gen. AppleTV - you'll need the power cord too.. here's how...

How to fix a bricked or failed-to-update Apple TV by restoring with iTunes | iMore
How to wirelessly tap-to-set-up a 3rd gen Apple TV with a supported iOS 7 device and Bluetooth LE | iMore

Raja Raja3

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iPad2: Airplay works for every application except movies rented from iTunes?I can't get the sound to work at all. Again, it works for Video podcasts, Hulu, Netflix, etc.

BenitoC

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I'd love to airplay iTunes Radio to my Apple TV from my iPhone 5, any idea how to get airplay going?
Thanks!

Can't you play iTunes Radio on your Apple TV? I am pretty sure that has been added with the 6.0 update to the Apple TV. Sorry I cannot check since I am in Canada and we don't yet have iTunes Radio.