• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

A few iPhone 5 niggles/bugs so far....

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the i5 yesterday morning (having missed out on one on release day) & thoroughly liking it so far. Unfortunately, there seem to be a few glitches........

- I get 'USB failed' errors when plugging the phone in to my laptop. The new connector is meant to be usable either way round, but I'm finding I can only connect to my laptop/iTunes if it's one specific way. Not a biggie, but slightly annoying.

- Typing - Not sure if this is a 'bug' of some kind, or just where the screen has changed slightly & I'm getting used to the keys being minutely out of place - but I'm fining the keys not particularly sensitive - especially the space bar. Most things I type come out in one massive sentence, even when I'm 100% sure I've pressed he spacebar.

- & the big one for me - the wifi not working. After getting home yesterday it worked ok except once where I just reset the network settings & that resolved the issue. But now, I cannot send/receive ANY data over wifi. The phone is connect to my home network (as are my iPad & laptop & they're working fine), but it just won't send/receive anything. Have stuck in Airplane Mode - nothing. Let the battery die & restart it - nothing. Reset the Network Settings - nothing. Have now resorted to arranging a call with Apple Support tomorrow evening. Slightly annoying when this is the key thing I need to work. Hoping Apple can offer a resolution as it's a 35 mile trip to my nearest Apple store if it needs to be replaced. :mad:

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I can say that the second issue regarding typing is being reported all over the forums. The screen and keys at times appear to be less sensitive than previous iPhones. I noticed it too but I've actually seen improvements. I just typed this babble without issue.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that bugs me (no pun intended) is the auto brightness. Sometimes it seems to work and other times it doesn't.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that bugs me (no pun intended) is the auto brightness. Sometimes it seems to work and other times it doesn't.

I think this is an iOS 6 issue. I have an iPad and I have turned off auto-brightness, it keeps making it max and killing the battery. I manually set it now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman