A big-budget Apple TV Plus show skipped out on a €1m tab after filming in Europe

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This,really does not look good. Apple should be able to afford to pay it’s bills.

The Production Company, Turbine Studios, was likely the one responsible. They first should determine who all ran up the charges. Then go from there. If there were 300 workers involved, that's about $3,300. per person.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The Production Company, Turbine Studios, was likely the one responsible. They first should determine who all ran up the charges. Then go from there. If there were 300 workers involved, that's about $3,300. per person.
Agreed! And I imagine that the negative PR will galvanize Apple in ensuring that Turbine Studios makes this right!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed! And I imagine that the negative PR will galvanize Apple in ensuring that Turbine Studios makes this right!

I don't know how much Apple has to do with the production side of shows. In this case, Apple may not have anything whatsoever to do with it. The writer here tries to makes it look like it's part Apple's fault. Is Apple footing the bill to produce this show? I have no idea how all this works, and the contracts and legalities involved.

Reactions: Annie_M

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Is Apple footing the bill to produce this show? I have no idea how all this works, and the contracts and legalities involved.
I can answer only for this bit.

They are. Or someone else is, and when they sell the rights, Apple is paying them back (that’s included in the price).

But the harsh reality, you are paying for the production, as a consumer of Apple TV+. Not Apple, not Disney, not anyone else.

Reactions: Annie_M

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can answer only for this bit.

They are. Or someone else is, and when they sell the rights, Apple is paying them back (that’s included in the price).

But the harsh reality, you are paying for the production, as a consumer of Apple TV+. Not Apple, not Disney, not anyone else.

Is there info on this? A link?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member