• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

4s from 9.3.1 to ios 7?

mewcatchew

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I picked up a 4s for cheap$$ but alas it has iOS 9.3.1on it. It's slow. As far as I know you can downgrade the 4s if it's jail broken w/out the need for SHSH blobs. Of course there isn't a jailbreak for ios 9.3.1 yet... but was wondering if there was another workaround for this since it's an older device?

mewcatchew

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Stuff like this is EXACTLY the reason I left iPhone; I can see no reason why I shouldn't be able to downgrade my 4s to iOS 7. I just came back to iOS from a year or two with Windows Mobile & Android. I came back because the 6s plus is probably the best phone you can get at the moment, especially with iOS being so intuitive and all. But you are so damn restricted, you cant even change the look of your home screen - I really REALLY hate that. Apple better loosen up because once you get a taste being able to customize, root, and be all around unrestricted, "iPhone" becomes a lot less appealing... the look is so blah compared Windows Mobile & Android, and your stuck with it. Luckily I'm on T-Mobile "JUMP ON DEMAND", and I'm going to just ditch iPhone and get a Note 5 or 7 Edge, or G5 ... lots of choices.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Stuff like this is EXACTLY the reason I left iPhone; I can see no reason why I shouldn't be able to downgrade my 4s to iOS 7. I just came back to iOS from a year or two with Windows Mobile & Android. I came back because the 6s plus is probably the best phone you can get at the moment, especially with iOS being so intuitive and all. But you are so damn restricted, you cant even change the look of your home screen - I really REALLY hate that. Apple better loosen up because once you get a taste being able to customize, root, and be all around unrestricted, "iPhone" becomes a lot less appealing... the look is so blah compared Windows Mobile & Android, and your stuck with it. Luckily I'm on T-Mobile "JUMP ON DEMAND", and I'm going to just ditch iPhone and get a Note 5 or 7 Edge, or G5 ... lots of choices.

Get you a Galaxy then. Good luck!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

So why did you come back to iPhone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman