4 New 'Channels' 12/11/2013

danham

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I can think of any number of legit complaints about the ATV (lousy bitrate on Netflix since the Nov. 11 update being one big one), but blaming Apple for a provider's policy is over the top.

By that logic, I should complain to Panasonic because their TV will not get any signal out here in the boonies unless I pay for a cable subscription. Panasonic should demand that OTA stations buy bigger transmitters and towers. Unh-hunh.

-dan

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't be releasing "channels" until you can guaranty all of your qualified customers can receive them.

Following this logic, Apple should immediately delete the NFL mobile app from the App Store because only Verizon customers can receive the premium content leaving many "qualified customers" without access.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I don't see the big deal myself. What's on Watch ABC you want to see anyways that isn't already on directv? It's on demand. Or you can airplay using iphone or ipad.

I've hidden most of the new stuff Apple has added to ATV. Just clutters up the menu with junk. The masses at home probably wonder why ABC is on there but not the rest. What's the deal with this Korean station? I couldn't hide that one fast enough. It's feels like a half baked experiment. Hopefully there's some kind of plan in the works to revamp the whole thing.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the big deal myself. What's on Watch ABC you want to see anyways that isn't already on directv? It's on demand. Or you can airplay using iphone or ipad.

I've hidden most of the new stuff Apple has added to ATV. Just clutters up the menu with junk. The masses at home probably wonder why ABC is on there but not the rest. What's the deal with this Korean station? I couldn't hide that one fast enough. It's feels like a half baked experiment. Hopefully there's some kind of plan in the works to revamp the whole thing.
For me it's the principle of the matter, not the fact that Modern Family is about the only thing worth watching on ABC, and I haven't cared for anything Disney in about 40 years. I do how ever qualify in every way to receive these "channels" on my ATV and don't.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone able to sucsessfully access the Watch ABC, Disney, XD apps? They all stick at "Accessing Disney Channel" or "Accessing ABC"

Contacted their support, but no resolution yet.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. Literally everything else connects. Netflix. Hulu. YouTube. NHL. Vevo. Vimeo. It has to be on Disney/ABC's end, no?

I tried resetting. Still nothing (except needing to resign in to everything f again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My cable provider does not yet support the WatchABC feature. At least it didn't when the channel was initially added to the Apple TV lineup. I'll check it again a little later to see if it now does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855