Carrier Settings Update - AT&T?

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend has been having this pop up on her 5S with iOS 9.2. She asks me if she should install it or not, because for some reason, she feels it may not be legitimate. I haven't had any such "carrier settings update" messages on my new 6S Plus. Both phones are on my same AT&T account.

I'm sure it's fine, but I had her take a screenshot of it next time it popped up, and send it to me so I could post it on here and ask you guys.

Anyone ever seen this?

image.png

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I just did that and it allowed me to successfully use number sync. Should bring carrier setting to 23.1 I think.

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I just did that and it allowed me to successfully use number sync. Should bring carrier setting to 23.1 I think.

Ah.. thanks guys. I just checked my 6S Plus, and it is indeed already AT&T 23.1 out of the box. Her older 5S obviously needed the update.

So, what is "Number Sync"?

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Number sync allows you to use all your wifi devices with one phone number. Unlike continuity, my iPhone doesn't have to be on the same network or turned on to make a voice call using the iPad or Mac. Kinda near feature for when your battery runs out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2