Swapping SIMS iPhone 4S and BB Z10

flacrack

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 4S on an unlimited ATT (iPhone data) plan. I'd like to try out the Z10 (unlocked) on my account. Can I just swap the SIM or do I have to go to ATT? I've been playing around with the Z10 with wifi only and it's a nice piece of hardware. Now, I'm ready to test it on the phone side.

While I don't anticipate moving back and forth, I might want to go back to the iPhone and don't want to lose my unlimited data plan that I've had since forever. I've seen [people ask the reverse question, going from a non-iPhone plan to an iPhone plan.

Thanks in advance for the help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It should just be as simple as a sim swap... not familiar with the sim size required in the Z10 - you might need a sim adapter...

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Just Switch the sim cards. Its very easy, nothing has to be changed. Maybe you would have reactivate your old sim that wont fit in the other device. I always activate and deactivate sims of i want to change sims that wont fit.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I swapped between and iphone 5/z10 for awhile. And then between a z10/q10 for awhile as well no issues.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If the Z10 has the same sim size as the 5, then I believe the 4s is a bit bigger. I would visit an AT&T store and have them get you the right sized sim card (if it IS a different size), and then a simple swap should be all you need to do. The unlimited data won't change, but I would let AT&T know of the change so they can apply a blackberry unlimited plan to your account and change it from the iOS plan.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If the Z10 has the same sim size as the 5, then I believe the 4s is a bit bigger. I would visit an AT&T store and have them get you the right sized sim card (if it IS a different size), and then a simple swap should be all you need to do. The unlimited data won't change, but I would let AT&T know of the change so they can apply a blackberry unlimited plan to your account and change it from the iOS plan.

When AT&T changed my plan, they messed up my visual voicemail so be sure to check that.

Also, make sure you have a sim adapter so you can make your nano sim into a micro sim.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When AT&T changed my plan, they messed up my visual voicemail so be sure to check that.

Also, make sure you have a sim adapter so you can make your nano sim into a micro sim.

Good point...I actually had an issue with visual voicemail when coming back to an iPhone a few years ago. AT&T had to switch something on my plan that they didn't do when I changed phones.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Good point...I actually had an issue with visual voicemail when coming back to an iPhone a few years ago. AT&T had to switch something on my plan that they didn't do when I changed phones.

Apparently, there are multiple voicemail options (with and without vvm) and sometimes they select the wrong one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2