I currently have an iPhone 4S on an unlimited ATT (iPhone data) plan. I'd like to try out the Z10 (unlocked) on my account. Can I just swap the SIM or do I have to go to ATT? I've been playing around with the Z10 with wifi only and it's a nice piece of hardware. Now, I'm ready to test it on the phone side.

While I don't anticipate moving back and forth, I might want to go back to the iPhone and don't want to lose my unlimited data plan that I've had since forever. I've seen [people ask the reverse question, going from a non-iPhone plan to an iPhone plan.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    12-19-2013 11:35 AM
    It should just be as simple as a sim swap... not familiar with the sim size required in the Z10 - you might need a sim adapter...
    flacrack likes this.
    12-19-2013 11:46 AM
    Just Switch the sim cards. Its very easy, nothing has to be changed. Maybe you would have reactivate your old sim that wont fit in the other device. I always activate and deactivate sims of i want to change sims that wont fit.
    12-26-2013 05:22 PM
    Yeah. Just swap sims.
    12-26-2013 05:55 PM
    I swapped between and iphone 5/z10 for awhile. And then between a z10/q10 for awhile as well no issues.
    01-12-2014 11:56 PM
    If the Z10 has the same sim size as the 5, then I believe the 4s is a bit bigger. I would visit an AT&T store and have them get you the right sized sim card (if it IS a different size), and then a simple swap should be all you need to do. The unlimited data won't change, but I would let AT&T know of the change so they can apply a blackberry unlimited plan to your account and change it from the iOS plan.
    01-13-2014 12:21 PM
    If the Z10 has the same sim size as the 5, then I believe the 4s is a bit bigger. I would visit an AT&T store and have them get you the right sized sim card (if it IS a different size), and then a simple swap should be all you need to do. The unlimited data won't change, but I would let AT&T know of the change so they can apply a blackberry unlimited plan to your account and change it from the iOS plan.
    When AT&T changed my plan, they messed up my visual voicemail so be sure to check that.

Also, make sure you have a sim adapter so you can make your nano sim into a micro sim.
    jburke82 likes this.
    01-13-2014 06:11 PM
    When AT&T changed my plan, they messed up my visual voicemail so be sure to check that.

Also, make sure you have a sim adapter so you can make your nano sim into a micro sim.
    Good point...I actually had an issue with visual voicemail when coming back to an iPhone a few years ago. AT&T had to switch something on my plan that they didn't do when I changed phones.
    01-14-2014 11:38 AM
    Good point...I actually had an issue with visual voicemail when coming back to an iPhone a few years ago. AT&T had to switch something on my plan that they didn't do when I changed phones.
    Apparently, there are multiple voicemail options (with and without vvm) and sometimes they select the wrong one.
    01-14-2014 08:09 PM