Ready for the Blackhawks to finish off the Blues!
    Yeah I'm a huge Blackhawks fan

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    pr1nce likes this.
    04-27-2014 01:05 PM
    These playoffs have been great (except for my team looking like garbage...hey, there's always next year!)!!

The Ducks comeback was crazy! I was pulling for the Blues because I am sick of the Hawks winning...but obviously that didn't pan out.

I am hoping both Columbus and the Wild tie up their series, and the Sharks close out the Kings tonight. Should be great games!
    HAWK likes this.
    04-28-2014 03:29 PM
    These playoffs have been great (except for my team looking like garbage...hey, there's always next year!)!!

The Ducks comeback was crazy! I was pulling for the Blues because I am sick of the Hawks winning...but obviously that didn't pan out.

I am hoping both Columbus and the Wild tie up their series, and the Sharks close out the Kings tonight. Should be great games!
    I think penguins will knock Columbus out tonight, but I do think the Wild are going to come back and win the series

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    04-28-2014 04:19 PM
    Pens win tonight and Flyers lose tomorrow and all will be right with the world again.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    bgl321 likes this.
    04-28-2014 08:47 PM
    Pens win tonight and Flyers lose tomorrow and all will be right with the world again.

Half way there.
    04-29-2014 03:24 AM

It was close at the end! Would have loved to see Columbus pull it out...and it's not just because I hate the pens, I also like seeing the teams who aren't there often win. I don't know what to think about tonight...the Flyers are the streakiest team I have ever seen. I have never watched a team who can go on a tear like they did towards the end of the season, and then just not show up game after game. It makes me pull my hair out.
    04-29-2014 08:37 AM
    GO PENS!!!!
    Les74 and bgl321 like this.
    04-29-2014 10:24 AM
    It was close at the end! Would have loved to see Columbus pull it out...and it's not just because I hate the pens, I also like seeing the teams who aren't there often win. I don't know what to think about tonight...the Flyers are the streakiest team I have ever seen. I have never watched a team who can go on a tear like they did towards the end of the season, and then just not show up game after game. It makes me pull my hair out.
    Honestly, the only reason I hate the Flyers is because I've lived in the Philly suburbs my entire life and I've never....and I mean NEVER seen such an obnoxious fan base.

taz323 likes this.
    04-29-2014 06:36 PM
    Honestly, the only reason I hate the Flyers is because I've lived in the Philly suburbs my entire life and I've never....and I mean NEVER seen such an obnoxious fan base.

Blame the fans, not the team.
    04-29-2014 08:33 PM
    Blame the fans, not the team.
    This is the truth...fans of all different teams can be obnoxious. I agree that there are many Flyers fans who fit in this category. It's a shame when a handful of fans blow it for the rest of us and give us a bad name.

I have been at many games where I leave annoyed with the Flyers fans around me! I remember this one game, I was in front of this young couple (maybe around 17 years old), and the chick was just yelling awful things. She also knew NOTHING about the game of hockey. It's "fans" like them that I can't stand, no matter what team they are pulling for.

I personally respect (or try to) all teams, whether I like them or not. I also love the sport, so I will watch any game that I can, even if the Flyers aren't playing.
    04-30-2014 10:03 AM
    Three HUGE game 7's tonight!!! I'm pulling for the Wild since they haven't had any playoff success really, the Sharks because I don't want to see the Kings do what the Flyers did in 2010, and of course...the Flyers. Another game like last night and we should be good!
    04-30-2014 10:05 AM
    I think the Ducks are the team to beat this year.
    04-30-2014 10:39 AM
    I think the Ducks are the team to beat this year.
    I don't know...I think they're tough, but are beatable. the west is tough...the east I think is Boston's to lose.
    04-30-2014 10:51 AM
    This is the truth...fans of all different teams can be obnoxious. I agree that there are many Flyers fans who fit in this category. It's a shame when a handful of fans blow it for the rest of us and give us a bad name.

I have been at many games where I leave annoyed with the Flyers fans around me! I remember this one game, I was in front of this young couple (maybe around 17 years old), and the chick was just yelling awful things. She also knew NOTHING about the game of hockey. It's "fans" like them that I can't stand, no matter what team they are pulling for.

I personally respect (or try to) all teams, whether I like them or not. I also love the sport, so I will watch any game that I can, even if the Flyers aren't playing.
    I hear what you're saying, but it's rough living near Philly when you are a Pens fan. While other teams fans can be obnoxious as well, most of those fans can back it up....the Flyers haven't won a Cup in 40 years. If I were a Flyers fan, I'd sit down and shut up until they did.

04-30-2014 07:39 PM
    Bruins and Canadians start series tomorrow night wasn't expecting that soon. But cool.
    pr1nce likes this.
    04-30-2014 07:47 PM
    I hear what you're saying, but it's rough living near Philly when you are a Pens fan. While other teams fans can be obnoxious as well, most of those fans can back it up....the Flyers haven't won a Cup in 40 years. If I were a Flyers fan, I'd sit down and shut up until they did.

This is what I learned early on being a Philly fan.....don't talk smack! The teams (other than the Phils in '08) don't back it up! That being said...the Pens do only have 1 more cup than us, and were almost sold off (more than once) before being saved by Mario.

ANYWAY.......I hear ya. A good friend of mine I grew up with is a Giants fan (NY) and he says the same thing.
    05-01-2014 09:32 AM
    And I don't see the Rangers beating the Pens.
    05-01-2014 09:50 AM
    I certainly do. This team is in dire need of an overhaul.....starting with Shero and Bylsma. Don't think I've ever seen a more underachieving team with so much talent.

05-01-2014 07:39 PM
    I certainly do. This team is in dire need of an overhaul.....starting with Shero and Bylsma. Don't think I've ever seen a more underachieving team with so much talent.

My buddy made a great comparison....the Flyers, Rangers, and Pens are like rock, paper scissors...Flyers play the Pens the best, Pens play the rangers the best, and rangers play the flyers the best. Haha.

I just think (even though they looked awful) the Flyers/Pens series would be great. I feel that the Pens will be able to handle the Rangers, but who knows I guess. The Rangers were the better team in the series with the Flyers, but I don't think they are good enough to go on.
    05-02-2014 10:11 AM
    I do and I'm looking forward to it 😜
    jburke82 likes this.
    05-02-2014 12:25 PM
    My buddy made a great comparison....the Flyers, Rangers, and Pens are like rock, paper scissors...Flyers play the Pens the best, Pens play the rangers the best, and rangers play the flyers the best. Haha.

I just think (even though they looked awful) the Flyers/Pens series would be great. I feel that the Pens will be able to handle the Rangers, but who knows I guess. The Rangers were the better team in the series with the Flyers, but I don't think they are good enough to go on.
    I definitely agree with your first statement. The Pens don't play tough hockey any more. Don't know what happened. Probably been that way since Billy Guerin left. Maybe he was their inspiration. Regardless, Sid and Geno aren't it. I don't see them scoring much...if at all...on Lundqvist.

05-02-2014 04:48 PM
    And so far I am totally off with the pens rangers series!

Sent from my iPhone 5
    05-02-2014 11:23 PM
    And so far I am totally off with the pens rangers series!

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Pens defense...😴😴😴😴😴

05-02-2014 11:34 PM
    Pens defense...

I didn't get a chance to watch the game (helping a buddy move)...but I read that it was just bad play all around on both sides. I would love to see this series go to 7. I'm thinking Chicago could win in 4 or 5, and the Boston/Habs series could go long. As far as the LA/Ducks series...I have no clue what to expect there!
    05-03-2014 11:09 AM
    I didn't get a chance to watch the game (helping a buddy move)...but I read that it was just bad play all around on both sides. I would love to see this series go to 7. I'm thinking Chicago could win in 4 or 5, and the Boston/Habs series could go long. As far as the LA/Ducks series...I have no clue what to expect there!
    Honestly, it doesn't matter if the Pens win this series because there is NO WAY that they'll beat the Bruins or Blackhawks. This team just needs a lot of work.....which is a major understatement.

05-03-2014 11:26 AM
152 1234 ...