tremolux66

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
I tried to post a comment to an article on the iMore website and was told that I didn't have enough reputation to post a comment containing URLs. But there are no URLs in the comment. Thinking it might've misinterpreted the syntax I used for a location in iOS Settings (Settings > A > B), I modified the text and retried (after the requisite waiting period). Same error message.

What gives?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried to post a comment to an article on the iMore website and was told that I didn't have enough reputation to post a comment containing URLs. But there are no URLs in the comment. Thinking it might've misinterpreted the syntax I used for a location in iOS Settings (Settings > A > B), I modified the text and retried (after the requisite waiting period). Same error message.

What gives?

It’s a safety net in an attempt to control the amount of SPAM posts. After you’ve participated enough and have earned a good reputation then the limitation will be lifted.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What gives?

Just comment a few times without articles.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I misread, but how does one participate if they can't post a comment?
The OP can indeed participate, but he or she will not be able to post links for a bit. Those of us who work behind the scenes notice things & behaviors that generally go unnoticed, and thus the reason for certain protective measures. Can those measures be a minor inconvenience to some people? Sure, but if they are here to participate in accordance to our rules & guidelines then that inconvenience will be short-lived.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But there's NO LINK in the comment; it's just text!

If you’re saying that “you” were merely inputting a “comment” without using any URLs or copying and pasting anything from a different site then you should have been able to post a comment as long as you were logged in. If that is indeed what you were trying to do then I will have this matter investigated.

tremolux66

Aug 27, 2017
Visit site
No link or website reference. I just wrote that some of the directions in the article - for accessing the list of passwords in the iCloud keychain on iOS - didn't match what I saw on my iPad. Then I described the steps that worked worked for me.

I said there was no "Accounts & Passwords" in Settings on my iPad, then I described the list's location as Settings > Safari > Passwords. When my comment was rejected for containing a URL, I changed the Settings syntax to avoid misinterpretation (replaced '>' with '-') and resubmitted; same error message.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No link or website reference. I just wrote that some of the directions in the article - for accessing the list of passwords in the iCloud keychain on iOS - didn't match what I saw on my iPad. Then I described the steps that worked worked for me.

I said there was no "Accounts & Passwords" in Settings on my iPad, then I described the list's location as Settings > Safari > Passwords. When my comment was rejected for containing a URL, I changed the Settings syntax to avoid misinterpretation (replaced '>' with '-') and resubmitted; same error message.

Okay. Thank you.

Michelle Haag

Staff member
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Did you copy paste your comment from a text editor or type it directly into the comment box? If you're pasting in from another app there can sometimes be hidden formatting that the system sees and flags.

If that's not the case, can you try clearing cookies and posting again?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2