Imore Forums iOS App crashes when selecting Settings > Push Notifications

jayjahed

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello

Recently installed the iMore forums App on iOS. I wanted to control notifications I get. Each time I go to Settings and select push notifications, the app goes nowhere. Instead the lines between Night Reading Mode, Push Notifications and Signature disappear, and after a couple of seconds the app exits by itself.

Any help?

Cheers

62716b1dde92a0291764be0466488cfd.png

40c09810af01baba8fd6ea3127f784e3.png

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon. Thank you again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There's a setting in the phone's settings that fixes that. I'll have to figure out where it is. I forgot!
I think @metllicamilitia knows where it is. Not sure.
This could be a different issue though. Before, it opened to push notifications, but would not load. The little wheel just kept spinning. Now it crashes the app when you tap on "push notifications" in the settings menu. This happens on mine as well. You should be able to get notifications by enabling notifications for the app in the phone's settings. The push notifications I think is more about email notifications. If you want email notifications, you can set those preferences on the iMore site online or in Safari on your device.

Last edited:

jayjahed

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site

Thanks all. As a matter of fact I was trying to see if I can control which notifications to get on my phone.

One more issue I just came across. When I receive notifications on my iPhone 7 home screen, for a new article or a new item, such as the photo attached, once I click on any of those notifications they only open the imore forums app on its initial home, and do not take me directly to the referenced thread.

720e9890acc47f4c276ce6b8212a9b3b.png

Do you think I need to create a new thread for this issue?

Tx

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
OP did you ever find a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue with the settings on the phone app crashing. I want to control the push notifications I get on my phone but can't since it just hangs then crashes. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail. Anyone have any ideas of what else I can do?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
OP did you ever find a resolution for this? I'm having the same issue with the settings on the phone app crashing. I want to control the push notifications I get on my phone but can't since it just hangs then crashes. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail. Anyone have any ideas of what else I can do?

Push notifications in the iMore forums app settings has been a mess a long time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77