iMore iOS Amazon Pop Up & Apple News Crashes

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

My iPhone X (with latest iOS version) has two problems I'm finally fed up with:

1) When I'm reading iMore in Safari with 1Blocker turned off temporarily, I keep getting a Amazon pop up add that redirects me to the Amazon web site (or what looks like it). I can't get rid of it nor go back to the iMore site--I have to close the tab and start over. Switching to the desktop version seems to help. Lately, it seems to happen even with 1Blocker still on.

2) The Apple News app crashes all...the...time. Especially when I try to watch an embedded video. After the video crashes, if I open up the app again and the same article to play the video again, it usually works the second time. But the app often crashes when I'm not watching a video.

Anyone have any ideas about what's going on? Thank you!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
1) When I'm reading iMore in Safari with 1Blocker turned off temporarily, I keep getting a Amazon pop up add that redirects me to the Amazon web site (or what looks like it). I can't get rid of it nor go back to the iMore site--I have to close the tab and start over. Switching to the desktop version seems to help. Lately, it seems to happen even with 1Blocker still on.

Yes, this happened to me a couple of days ago, so I had to add iMore back into 1Blocker. Thankfully for me it prevented this from happening.

There is no excuse for this. I hope that Mobile Nations people in charge of advertising fix this.

Sorry, I'm not sure what's happening with Apple News for you. Maybe somebody else will have an answer.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
iMore iOS Amazon Pop Up & Apple News Crashes

The issue is likely a rogue ad showing up on our mobile site and has been reported to the Community Manager who has forwarded multiple requests to our ad partner. Hopefully it will be gone soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In regard to the News app crashing, try resetting the settings. I pretty much read from the News app daily without any crashes whatsoever.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iMore iOS Amazon Pop Up & Apple News Crashes

The issue is likely a rogue ad showing up on our mobile site and has been reported to the Community Manager who has forwarded multiple requests to our ad partner. Hopefully it will be gone soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience!

It just happened again to me. Ironically, it’ll be these ads that reduce revenue for the site when people stop even bothering to read articles.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices