What on earth did they do to the iMore app

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I was on my iPad when I took that, in landscape mode

I just checked my iPad again and I’m still getting the same screen. However when I cchecked it on my iPhone I can see my notifications. So it seems like there somewhere glitch with iPads.

Ok... I deleted the app, restarted my iPad, reinstalled the app and it’s working now... all is well!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Man, the amount of yellow on forums app is pretty overboard. I understand the yellow being an official color of the site but it doesn’t translate well into iPhone apps.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there any advantage to using the iMore app instead of Tapatalk?

The advantage of using the iMore Forums app is that you get non-bloated version of Tapatalk containing the official iMore colors . In addition, you are showing your support for the iMore Forums by using the app that bears its name.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The advantage of using the iMore Forums app is that you get non-bloated version of Tapatalk containing the official iMore colors . In addition, you are showing your support for the iMore Forums by using the app that bears its name.

But that awful blinding yellow. I guess if the neon yellow is your thing.... The forums? We support them by participating.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But that awful blinding yellow. I guess if the neon yellow is your thing.... The forums? We support them by participating.

The app's theme used to be blue and easy on the eyes and then the decision was made to make some changes to not only the website and forums, but also the app. It was akin to when iOS 7 was released. Hopefully, they will opt to use a different color scheme when they decide to overhaul the site and app again. We the people have spoken and the powers that be are listening.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Just downloaded the app again to try and I can't log in. I'm using the exact same credentials I use on the website and in TapaTalk, but it's not working with this app:

6040dcfa1404c765097ff9658b751320.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Get rid of the yellow and go with a lighter shade of blue and I’d probably use the app exclusively in regard to the iMore Forums.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

With the current annoying yellow, I consider the "official" iMore colors to be a DISadvantage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77