List of Subscribed Threads

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Accessing iMore web site from my iPad2
Recently, when returning to my subscribed folder after viewing a a thread, it takes me back to the top if my subscribed forums. Then I have to scroll down to where I left off.
Before it took me back to a place in the list of subscribed forums where I left off.
Hope this is clear.
TIA

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Duplicated this behavior on my iPad 3 with iOS 7. Could be a site design or Mobile Safari feature.

I can accomplish the desired behavior with Safari on my MBP. Must say this way is much easier to keep track of where one is in the forum pages. It's been busy around here so easy to loose track of the last read thread.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Duplicated this behavior on my iPad 3 with iOS 7. Could be a site design or Mobile Safari feature.

I can accomplish the desired behavior with Safari on my MBP. Must say this way is much easier to keep track of where one is in the forum pages. It's been busy around here so easy to loose track of the last read thread.

Glad to hear it's just not me.
Tks Dog

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just checked from iPhone and see the mobile site. Selected a random forum section and scrolled down a ways. Went into a topic, then back. The back action on Safari took me to the last view, and not to top of page.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Strange that these issues would only crop up on an iPad. Seems like it should be a site-side thing, not a device-side thing.

​On the issues listed above, are you browsing the full desktop site on your iPad, or the mobile version of the site?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Strange that these issues would only crop up on an iPad. Seems like it should be a site-side thing, not a device-side thing.

​On the issues listed above, are you browsing the full desktop site on your iPad, or the mobile version of the site?

Full desktop version

TIA

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it's a time sensitive thing?

iPhone, mobile safari, full site, New Posts.

Example: hit the New Posts button, read a thread, hit the back button, takes me back to where I was in the list.
But.
If I select a thread, read it, then don't use the phone for an hour or so, hitting the back button will take me to top of list instead.

(If the period of inactivity is too many hours, hitting the back button will give me a Page Not Found error, which is to be expected).

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Same as Turbo...

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Still happening for me, although while out of town over the past few days the desired behavior was there. Don't think being on hotel WiFi had any bearing.

Now back at home, hitting back button returns to top of page. I'm thinking its a mobile Safari issue at this point.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Still happening for me, although while out of town over the past few days the desired behavior was there. Don't think being on hotel WiFi had any bearing.

Now back at home, hitting back button returns to top of page. I'm thinking its a mobile Safari issue at this point.

The more details you can dig up for us the better chance we'll have of fixing (although we have already put some fixes into place).

Make sure you logout and clear your cookies... then login again.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The more details you can dig up for us the better chance we'll have of fixing (although we have already put some fixes into place).

Make sure you logout and clear your cookies... then login again.

Cool. Just went through about four cycles of read thread, hit back button, and to my pleasant surprise the back returned me to the last place rather than the top of page. After four cycles back takes me to top of page.

I'm being lazy and just stay signed in all the time from the iPad. Will sign out and clear cookies, and report back.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll alert tech to take a look... at the very least so they are aware. A number of updates have gone up recently, they may be able to narrow down the issue.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77