iPhone optimized blog?

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Am I losing it? I could have sworn when I visited TiPB yesterday from my iPhone, it displayed in a nice, EDGE friendly iPhone format. When I visited today, it displayed in the usual, EDGE crushing format...

Am I losing it, or did this happen to anyone else?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
They have actually put two optimized for iPhone sites. As soon as they are up they are down just as fast. Dieter explained why they had to get rid of it. I just don't have the email handy. In the latest podcast there was mention of the forums being iPhone friendly soon as well.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
The forum change is in effect already and works beautifully. The blog changed worked pretty well from what I saw of it the other day, but I obviously don't know the behind the scenes info. I just hope they bring it back... I like to check out the site when I am out and about but it is painful on EDGE, and can even be a bit rough over WiFi.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Here is Dieter's email:

"The mobile version had to die because we need to be able to create a static cache of the site for high traffic times -- that's incompatible with the iphone version. It was either keep the iphone version and let the site go down under load or kill it.

...had to kill it. :("

*He was speaking of the first mobile version in that email.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2