Does Siri play a role in your app decision(s)?

SHO_ONE#IM

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
As most of you here, I own an iPhone 4s; however unlike some of you, I'm coming from my Android HTC EVO 4G. With that said, I found it even easier to transition over to the iPhone knowing Siri was included...

One key factor in owning an Android was the voice controls, Siri needs to play a bit of catch up here and that?s why I pose the question: "does Siri play a role in your app decision(s)?" Siri does not launch 3rd party apps, but I like to use Siri often and simply don't want to deviate from the beaten path.

What about you guys / gals? Are there apps you simply cannot do with regardless of Siri's virtual hand playing a role in any way shape or form? Are there apps you can recommend that do a better job that Apple's go at said app (i.e. the calendar)?

On a separate note, one thing I do miss from the Android side of things was being able to designate an app as "default." This would then send all your requests to said app. For example, if I'm using Flipboard and decide to touch a hyperlink to another site, I'm taken to Safari as suppose to my browser of choice. Is there a way to changed this / fix this?

Merry Christmas / Happy Holiday's to all!

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I came from Android as well I have had the Evo and Epic and Siri doesn't play a part in my app decisions; I only use her for basic functions setting an alarm, making an appointment and sending a text.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)I came from a bb, and I use Siri for texting, calendar appts., set reminders, making calls or searching something on the web for me. I don't use her for apps at all.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
You must remember Siri is still in her beta stage ... Which is still pretty sweet for a beta stage I have to admit

Kehjj04

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
:)I came from a bb, and I use Siri for texting, calendar appts., set reminders, making calls or searching something on the web for me. I don't use her for apps at all.

Ditto! I use her all the time but for basic functions (search, text, shuffle music, reminders, alarm etc)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I haven't found Siri to be reliable enough under those circumstances where it's the only option - like when I'm in the car and want to send a text.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont even use siri that much being able to talk to my phone isn't exactly the greatest thing since sliced bread.. I download whatever app I want that will be useful to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll