Lets hear it, Siri ! The good , the bad, the ugly .

murrelldj

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Have used it for a few hours and so far i'm not blown away by it. Think its great for pointless questions in an attempt to get humorous answers, ask it a real question and its mixed results. I live in the uk and it turns out siri isnt able to give directions or maps in the uk... or so it told me.... dont remember reading that on any Apple advertising in the uk!!! I'm an avid Apple fan and i hope it will improve over time but so far i think its not much better than a cheap app. Think the reminders app is great though, simple, clean, and combines well using the GPS

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey me too. Anyone else getting nothing but errors right now? I was hoping it wasn't just me.

Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that whichever jail breaker that was ported Siri onto their iPhone 4. Maybe Apple is retaliating and editing the server(s).

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Have used it for a few hours and so far i'm not blown away by it. Think its great for pointless questions in an attempt to get humorous answers, ask it a real question and its mixed results. I live in the uk and it turns out siri isnt able to give directions or maps in the uk... or so it told me.... dont remember reading that on any Apple advertising in the uk!!! I'm an avid Apple fan and i hope it will improve over time but so far i think its not much better than a cheap app. Think the reminders app is great though, simple, clean, and combines well using the GPS

Could still use some work for sure. Apple could use a navigation app to integrate this stuff into. Google maps is useless.

Speedriff1

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Fixing Siri on Verizon

If you are getting the constant, "I can't connect to the network" with Siri, try this. Dial *228 then when prompted choose option 1. After a few second you will hear, "Update complete". Hang up and try Siri again. This fix also works on texts where the headers are phone numbers instead of your contacts name. Hope this helps.

Speedriff1

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
This is my exact same problem. My wife's Siri works well and mine sucks!!!
If you are getting the constant, "I can't connect to the network" with Siri, try this. Dial *228 then when prompted choose option 1. After a few second you will hear, "Update complete". Hang up and try Siri again. This fix also works on texts where the headers are phone numbers instead of your contacts name. Hope this helps. This is for Verizon only.

hcole623

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
okay does anyone else have this problem:

using siri, if you get a notification it comes in at speaker-busting speakerphone volume while Siri is open, upon closing Siri the sound is still amplified (keyboard clicks, etc), I've found flipping the phone to vibrate and back clears the issue, I'm just afraid it's going to blow my speaker

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not very impressed with Siri so far. For the past 2 days all I get when I ask a question is "Sorry, I am having trouble connecting to the network". Siri works for a short period of time after I reset my network settings, but that is it. I sure hope the overload clears up soon....

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not very impressed with Siri so far. For the past 2 days all I get when I ask a question is "Sorry, I am having trouble connecting to the network". Siri works for a short period of time after I reset my network settings, but that is it. I sure hope the overload clears up soon....

Just keep in mind, Siri has to connect to the Apple servers every single time you ask it something, and its so new that EVERYONE is spamming her asking questions so thats why you are getting that result.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any server issues and response is quick. Can someone point me out to some tutorials on how to properly use it? For example I told Siri to remind me to stop at Kwik Trip when I left home and she responded by telling me she doesn't know where I live. How do I set stuff like that up?

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any server issues and response is quick. Can someone point me out to some tutorials on how to properly use it? For example I told Siri to remind me to stop at Kwik Trip when I left home and she responded by telling me she doesn't know where I live. How do I set stuff like that up?

You have to set your home address in your contacts.. So go to your contacts and edit your details to add your home address.

Also if you would like it to remind you when you get somewhere, like say Kwik Trip, then you would need to add Kwik Trip to your contacts and set the address.

Thats the only bad part right now with it.. Hopefully they will change that and you can manually just tell it an address or something

dandbj13

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Another great feature of Siri is that it is essentially free 411. Just ask it for the phone number of any local business, and it will bring up the information. You can even place the call or get directions directly from Siri. Say goodbye to phonebooks. This is a disruptive feature. I love it.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I love her! She's a comedian. I asked her how old she was twice and the first time her exact words were "I don?t see how that's relevant", the 2nd time she said ?I?m not allowed to answer that question? LOL!!!!!! Siri recognized my voice right out of the box and knew pretty much 99% of every word I said.
I have used dragon naturally speaking for my office and out of the box Siri works much better even without any training.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I spoke too soon.. Now I'm having server issues with mine as is my girlfriend. Perhaps it's a temporary thing in the area. I'm sure it'll be back up soon.

I'm in so much pain having to go back to typing everything! lol

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I spoke too soon.. Now I'm having server issues with mine as is my girlfriend. Perhaps it's a temporary thing in the area. I'm sure it'll be back up soon.

I'm in so much pain having to go back to typing everything! lol

I had 0 issues with the server this weekend at all, but now today a co-worker with his 4s on verizon and mine with AT&T were showing a few co-workers some of the silly things she says, and we continued to get the can not connect to the server issue..

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Another great feature of Siri is that it is essentially free 411. Just ask it for the phone number of any local business, and it will bring up the information. You can even place the call or get directions directly from Siri. Say goodbye to phonebooks. This is a disruptive feature. I love it.

Pretty much like a dozen other apps on iOS, Android or Blackberry. Nothing new about this feature at all.

RobActivatesiOS5

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I had 0 issues with the server this weekend at all, but now today a co-worker with his 4s on verizon and mine with AT&T were showing a few co-workers some of the silly things she says, and we continued to get the can not connect to the server issue..

Yeah from what I understand, some sort of maintenance is going on at Apple. Or at least that's what someone was told on the phone. I'm just going to accept it and chalk it up to the Beta stage. It's either that or the overwhelming amount of people trying to access it constantly.

It was surprising to see how dependent I had become on it though lol I don't want to have to thumb-type messages out on the move any more.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll