5 Months and Counting

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
If I recall, the iPhone X was announced towards the middle of September last year but didn't go on sale until the end of October and shipped in November. We're actually probably 7 months away from the new device(s), if it follows the same schedule. *shrug*

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not likely, the X was delayed due to production issues which has long been resolved, I don't see them dragging the release out again this year and if they do its not a smart move. Users who want a lower cost will get the rumored 6.1 LCD which is supposedly going to sell the most anyways so no real reason to delay the X2 and Xplus.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Not likely, the X was delayed due to production issues which has long been resolved, I don't see them dragging the release out again this year and if they do its not a smart move. Users who want a lower cost will get the rumored 6.1 LCD which is supposedly going to sell the most anyways so no real reason to delay the X2 and Xplus.

I agree with this. Releasing iPhone X in November was something Apple HAD to do. It definitely wasn’t something they WANTED to do. I’d be very surprised if they stick to the same timeline this year considering, as @Raptor007 pointed out, production issues have been resolved.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I agree with this. Releasing iPhone X in November was something Apple HAD to do. It definitely wasn’t something they WANTED to do. I’d be very surprised if they stick to the same timeline this year considering, as @Raptor007 pointed out, production issues have been resolved.

Plus getting them all out at once will make their all important holiday sales quarter look better.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't we be hearing more about the new fall line up around now, or at least parts leaking out. Seems like we are only 4 months out and so far very very little to go on. Hopefully with Ming Chi Kuo moving on to other areas of interest for research won't dry up the insight we had been getting.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't we be hearing more about the new fall line up around now, or at least parts leaking out. Seems like we are only 4 months out and so far very very little to go on. Hopefully with Ming Chi Kuo moving on to other areas of interest for research won't dry up the insight we had been getting.
There are a handful of rumors floating around about what the next iPhone models will be like, but personally, I'd prefer it if we didn't know anything about the next iPhone models until Apple makes an official announcement. Leaks, at least to me, take away the mystery and excitement.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I look at it like this...5 months before Apple hits me with a left uppercut and then a right hook and then takes my money...LOL

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Part of the fun is getting rumors on whats coming and what isn't. We have a good sense of what is rumored, but really we typically see more info or components leaked by now. Especially given the speculation of 3 models this fall and none will have the home button which if true is a huge departure.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I would really have to love what is being offered for me to trade in my 8+. I have the product red and love the color. Love the phone. I am picky on what is offered and I will not give up Touch ID. I have never liked facial ID and refuse to cave into it. I don’t need the latest and the greatest in the “eyes” of Apple. As long as my phone is working great and it is, and updates are sent to the device, which they are, then I am OK. I would love an iphone with a working pencil...that would definitely peak my interest but other than that, I am really content with what I am currently using.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about waiting five months to see what the new flagships will have to offer, but with twenty minutes left to go before the 2018 iPhone keynote begins today, I sure wouldn’t be looking at any of the current (as of now) flagships from last year...
As for myself... hmm...
iPhone XS Max...
Maybe...
:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2