iPhone 6 Plus Reachability + Video View concept

devarty

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, as every phone with big and tall screen, have reaching problem, your fingers are too short to reach buttons at the top of the screen.

As a solution, Apple invented Reachability ? you tap twice on Home button and the interface moves down ? so your finger now can reach top buttons. Unfortunately, it?s not perfect, requires too many taps and users end up simply using theirs second hand.

The other day Apple presented iOS 9 with Split View feature for iPad, which resizes apps and allows to show two of them at a time.
What made me wonder, what if Reachability mode on iPhone 6 was able to temporarily resize apps to iPhone 5 height (keeping same width), making them more convenient for one hand use.
In fact iPhone 6 Plus is so tall, so it could have a video view or some widget bar at the top of the screen.

I created this concept to show how it looks, what do you think?

ItxguxL.jpg

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
And when I'm not viewing video and in apps and want to reach the top? How will the concept handle that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devarty

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
If you don't watch video, there is will be just a blank space at the top.
The main idea, if you need to use iPhone with one hand for some time and don't want to triple tap every time to reach the top, you can simply resize app's height.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
That defeat the iPhone 6 and 6plus existence I think. If one doesn't want to use phone with one hand, then they can get the iPhone 5s or even the 6.
But what kind of apps an 6plus user will want to resize down to the 5s just to reach the edge? What ever the app is, I will want it full screen, then manage anyhow to reach the edge if needed, but not just have blank space around. I recall some iPhone only apps installed on the iPad, it looks like a waist of both the display and the app.
But over all, over all, it's always great to have options than to be limited.
Good luck.

devarty

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
That defeat the iPhone 6 and 6plus existence I think. If one doesn't want to use phone with one hand, then they can get the iPhone 5s or even the 6.
But what kind of apps an 6plus user will want to resize down to the 5s just to reach the edge? What ever the app is, I will want it full screen, then manage anyhow to reach the edge if needed, but not just have blank space around

Lets say you are doing grocery shopping with Reminders app and you need to select items from the list. You won't be able to reach items at the top and using current Reachability function requires to make 3 taps to select an item.

My concept allows temporarily adjust the height of the app for one hand use and then you can go fullscreen after you are done.

Why don't go with a smaller screen? - Browsing, Photos, Videos, Games are better with bigger screen.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I get your point, that will be great to access reachability by one tap or gesture. I will get it if available in cydia or wherever affordable for sure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2