Rogers Reservations

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
That is not what the retention guy told me earlier this week. I was told that Rogers boutique will have devices because Rogers corporate has to feed the boutique and not hold all the device for pre-orderers.

I told him that wasn't fair for those who pre-order but oh well. He was pretty sure that was the way Rogers will do it. That is why I will go there tomorrow morning. However, I am not rushing as my 4S is still running very nicely. I will not wait 10 hours in line just like I did during iPhone 4 launch because Rogers's servers completely crashed because there was too many activations haha

Well that's typical of rogers to have everyone on diff pages. I agree wh that not being fair. So units will be sitting there yet I have to wait until god knows when. Maybe ill sneak outta work tomor and scope out the scene

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
That is not what the retention guy told me earlier this week. I was told that Rogers boutique will have devices because Rogers corporate has to feed the boutique and not hold all the device for pre-orderers.

I told him that wasn't fair for those who pre-order but oh well. He was pretty sure that was the way Rogers will do it. That is why I will go there tomorrow morning. However, I am not rushing as my 4S is still running very nicely. I will not wait 10 hours in line just like I did during iPhone 4 launch because Rogers's servers completely crashed because there was too many activations haha

i called a rogers store and they told me that I could just drop in, but I didnt ask if they were selling them out right or if they were selling them on contract only like best buy which i think it dumb

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
wer're moving right along, just jumped another 988 spots. now at:

Phone 5 16GB Black
16GB Black
Position : 2279

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
is anyone buying the iphone 5 out right? Im not eligible for upgrade and the dude at the rogers store wasnt sure how i was able to pre order online when im not eligible for an upgrade. sounds like this guy is confused, i believe they wont sell it out right for walk ins. im i right?

floydstyle

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
mike, the only way to buy unlock in Canada is by Apple online reservation. Tomorrow in Apple stores, rogers, bell, bestbuy, to only name those, they will sell carrier locked iPhones.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
mike, the only way to buy unlock in Canada is by Apple online reservation. Tomorrow in Apple stores, rogers, bell, bestbuy, to only name those, they will sell carrier locked iPhones.

I'm with rogers anyways so I dont mind if its locked to rogers

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
same, that is why I reserved with Rogers instead of buying an unlocked iPhone from Apple.com

i wish i thought about reserving with rogers first thing instead of apple. i reserved with apple at like 5:30am friday morning and my delivery date is oct 9. ordered from rogers the following day and it looks like rogers might come before oct 9th. if, but i have no way of knowing.

it depends alot on what location you set up pick up, if its a busier location than it may take longer. I called my location today and they told me they had 17 phones in and another delivery later in the night and another delivery tomorrow. I have no idea how many are ahead of me at that location.

no one seems to know what the numbers actually mean on "my rogers"

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
so, the top of rogers.com says "Over 8,300 of our customers have received their shipment notices for the hottest new phone via the Rogers Reservation System " where is my emails sonce i was 7,200 on the list? i really have no clue what the number represents. anyone get a notification yet?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2