Accelerometer issues in Pokemon Go with iOS 10.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Good afternoon guys,

I updated to iOS 10 last night and I have been having trouble with the accelerometer, specifically on Pokemon GO. It is unable to tell what the phone's orientation is. This is both with the screen rotation locked and unlocked.

I have been unable to duplicate it elsewhere right now.

Has anyone else experienced this

Thanks!

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, and suspect this will have to be addressed by the Pokemon GO developers in the next release... I dont have the same problem on my pre-iOS10 device.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it an iOS 10 issue or Niantic issue? I'm beginning to suspect it is a bit of both, seeing as it works perfect on iOS 9.

I'm sure it's both. It's very common for certain apps to have issues with new iOS releases. Apple changes something in its code, so then the dev has to change something in order to fix whatever the problem is.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You're using unfinished beta software. Things are going to messed up from time to time. If you want to ensure a smooth experience use iOS 9 to play Pokemon Go.

MXBS13

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I think Pokemon Go is not the problem. I am also having problems when using AR while catching pokemons; but I also can't use properly any Google Cardboard app. When I put the phone in the visor and start moving nothing happens, the screen is static, making me think the problem is iOS 10 and the accelerometer rather than the third-party apps.

This didn't happen in the first beta, so maybe, hopefully it will be fixed in beta 3.

tylertech12

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I think Pokemon Go is not the problem. I am also having problems when using AR while catching pokemons; but I also can't use properly any Google Cardboard app. When I put the phone in the visor and start moving nothing happens, the screen is static, making me think the problem is iOS 10 and the accelerometer rather than the third-party apps.

This didn't happen in the first beta, so maybe, hopefully it will be fixed in beta 3.

Everyone be sure to report their issues via the Feedback Assistant app! There's a category for 3rd party apps and maybe they will work with the developers to resolve.