What are the pros & cons of the following email services?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you've used or are actively using any of the following 3rd-party email services, please share your pros & cons. How are they in regard to privacy?

Unknown.jpeg

Unknown.png

Unknown-2.jpeg

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown-1.png
They are Timyo, Outlook, Spark, Edison and Gmail.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If you've used or are actively using any of the following 3rd-party email services, please share your pros & cons. How are they in regard to privacy?

View attachment 123436

View attachment 123437

View attachment 123438

View attachment 123439

View attachment 123440
They are Timyo, Outlook, Spark, Edison and Gmail.

I wouldn’t know. The only emailing I do is on the stock app on my iPhone or with the web interface of either Hotmail or Google, as I have both services.

And since I somehow trust Hotmail more than Google, I do semi-serious stuff on Hotmail. Signing up for apps and web services with Gmail.

The reason that I use Gmail for non-serious stuff is because of the interface. It’s too ‘sans comic’ for me. I can’t take any service with that kind of UI and font serious. And since they don’t support push notifications for the stock email app on iOS I don’t feel any bad about not using Gmail, at all.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
When I switched to iOS a few years ago, I forwarded my Gmail address to my iCloud address and no longer use the Gmail app, but the mail app on iOS. I also use Outlook but for work email, that way I'm keeping work and personal separated from each other. I do like how I can see shared calendars in the Outlook app that you can't do on iOS app.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I hate outlook/Hotmail but stil use it. I also use Gmail and Yahoo. As far as the others on the list and I realize Yahoo Was not on the list, I don’t use any of them. I access through the stock app on both my iPhone and my iPad.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I've tried them all, and ended up sticking with Edison. It's the best one out of the bunch and offers the most options and choices. I use all 7 of my Gmail accounts with it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If Apple combines the calendar, email and reminders into one app, it would be a dream for me. I've tried them all except for Timyo. I still use the native Mail app for my personal email accounts and Outlook for my work email. Edison, although it was called Easily.Do when I last used it, was very nice. I haven't used Spark in quite some time and It's been eons since I last used the official Gmail app.

Grace Hadid

Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
I am currently using Gmail as my primary email client as it provided the best and top-rated security.
Due to which I have no other further interest. However, MS Outlook is also nice to use as it manages all the tasks easily but with the con that every time and then I experience some error related to it. But for work I keep MS Outlook. For other refernces i prefer Gmail Inbox.
Apart from all two which I have discussed, I ended up using Edison as I have the preferences which manage all my email accounts with this client.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
All the well known products work well for me. As a G Suite and Microsoft Cloud administrator more and more I prefer Microsoft. You get the biggest feature set and superb support. The enterprise grade email starts at $5 a month retail.

I noticed this stat in the recent earnings call news. There are 200,000,000+ daily users of the work and school account type now. They maintain their high up time and fast quality support. I'll be moving another domain I use to the Microsoft cloud because it costs less and works so well among the 3 main vendors I use.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have used Yahoo for years and continue too with no problems, however I now use the premium for 3.50 per month with frequent updates and support .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2