Do You Prefer iWork Or Microsoft Office?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
iWork because it syncs with my iPhone and I can use iWork online on my work PC. Office is too much work for the simple documents I make. I should point out that I am self-employed.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
A thing I've noticed is if a person have an iPad and Mac, they tend to like to use iWork, because everything works together really well, whereas if you only have a Mac but no iOS devices, Office seems to be the way to go.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I was using Excel for my personal budget; however, once I switch to using all Macs, I switched to using numbers. Main reason is that I can leave the spreadsheet open on my iMac and I can still edit it, while away from my house, on my iPhone and it will automatically update it on my iMac.

With excel, I can't do it (i tried but no go). It says that it is open already and I can't edit it.

Unless I get a job that requires me to have excel at home, I'm sticking with iWorks.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I was using Excel for my personal budget; however, once I switch to using all Macs, I switched to using numbers. Main reason is that I can leave the spreadsheet open on my iMac and I can still edit it, while away from my house, on my iPhone and it will automatically update it on my iMac.

With excel, I can't do it (i tried but no go). It says that it is open already and I can't edit it.

Unless I get a job that requires me to have excel at home, I'm sticking with iWorks.

That's why I prefer iWork as well. I can pick up where I left off on other devices :)

Aarbron

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Prefer iWork - unfortunately the lack of pivot tables is a bit of a let down in Numbers (although I get around this with LibreOffice).

Still, for they type of work I do - LaTex is best for me. The latex editor, Texpad is absolutely great on OS X and iOS.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
When I got my MacBook, I had it set up to run Windows and Office for school... Once I started using iWork apps, Office started collecting virtual dust. This thread made me remember that I even had it. So I actually just deleted my Windows partition before finishing this post.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2