Gmail users...

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Gmail users, do you use the Exchange option, or the Gmail button with email setup?

Do you see delays with either option? I'm using Exchange and thus far it seems ok. Albeit, I do like to use my Mobile ME. Except the past few days it's been s l o w . . .

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Google Exchange...

Gmail users, do you use the Exchange option, or the Gmail button with email setup?

Do you see delays with either option? I'm using Exchange and thus far it seems ok. Albeit, I do like to use my Mobile ME. Except the past few days it's been s l o w . . .

I've decide to hold off on spending the $99s, on Mobile Me. So yes, I'm using the Exchange Setup from Google NOT the regular gmail setup. So far, it seems pretty good and I have my gmail account to check my POP3 Hotmail account. I've heard great things about Mobile Me, but not dropping the $99's to get it. I only really need to sync email. Not between 2-3 computers and iPhone, calendars, and contact, etc... BLAH BLAH BLAH.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I used to have it set as exchange and it was working great. Until I went to look for an old invoice to see hat payment option I had used and I couldn't find it. The mail search turned up absolutely nothing. I was baffled. Then I scrolled back and it was only sycning about a months worth of data, no matter how much I told it to sync. I was quite annoyed. That's when I removed the exchanged email and went back to a normal mail account ( I use the normal mail since I have google apps for domains ).
With IMAP this has worked flawlessly and the delivery of mail is only "delayed" by how long I decide to check for new data.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Someone just reminded me that I have Nuevasync! At the moment, it's working flawlessly. And, more importantly, I can use searchlight and it will also search my entire email account.

Impressive.

spidermanroach

Dec 27, 2008
Visit site
Someone just reminded me that I have Nuevasync! At the moment, it's working flawlessly. And, more importantly, I can use searchlight and it will also search my entire email account.

Impressive.

I also have Nuevasync and love it! I won't have it any other way. That gpush app just wasn't working for me at all! Also, until the Iphone actually gets push like a blackberry I will always use Nuevasync!!!!

Dec 17, 2009
www.ws4gl.org
Hi,

I used to have it set as exchange and it was working great. Until I went to look for an old invoice to see hat payment option I had used and I couldn't find it. The mail search turned up absolutely nothing. I was baffled. Then I scrolled back and it was only sycning about a months worth of data, no matter how much I told it to sync. I was quite annoyed. That's when I removed the exchanged email and went back to a normal mail account ( I use the normal mail since I have google apps for domains ).
With IMAP this has worked flawlessly and the delivery of mail is only "delayed" by how long I decide to check for new data.

You're right about that you cannot go back really far in time... That's why I install also the Google Apps from the AppStore in case I need to search my all my emails.

Doing that kind of search does not happen often, so I don't mind.

But if I remember well, you can set GMail only for Contacts and Calendar usung Exchange, and create a new account for emails for Gmail using the IMAP profile.

Patrick

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i've always used exchange.
just recently did a restore/re-JB,
it's been over 5 hours and still no sync of email/contacts/calendars.
keep getting the "incorrect password" message even though the setup was done correctly.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i have not had good luck at all using the exchange option. i'm just using imap with gpush and i've been very pleased. plus with gpush i'm able to see a preview of the message as well. i hardly ever use my mobile me anymore. at least not the email portion. i use it for my contacts and calendar. i need to get everything moved over to google and i'll just sync that as well.

caddouch

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
the new gmail thing that u are suppose to be able to navigate to on your browser and open it , is not working ,does anyone know why>

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
How exactly do I get an Exchange account? I understand that I have several to choose from? Paid and unpaid?

Please help!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...confused with your question.

The options on the iPhone has Exchange. But, if you have a Gmail account, you can use Exchange to set it up on your iPhone. Thus using the sync features for Contacts, Calendar, etc, etc...

How exactly do I get an Exchange account? I understand that I have several to choose from? Paid and unpaid?

Please help!

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Update: Yes, I have my Gmail account set up with Push, and it takes all of a few seconds for emails to arrive after they are sent. Wow...

And Yahoo, which also powers the att.net emails are Push out of the box! Nice! What makes Yahoo so special??

Exchange is great, but to limit us to one Exchange account on the iPhone is silly, and hopefully temporary.

By the way, I also use AOL and Windows Live Hotmail, which I have not figured out as to how to get them to push as of yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

lauriefoss

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have GMail set up as Exchange so I can get my calendar and contacts synced. I use the GMail App to actually read my email because it's so much faster and gives me access to all of my mail, no matter how old.

Laurie Foss
Austin, TX

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2