Wifi Issue Since Mavericks

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi -

I can't seem to find a solution for this. Ever since updating to OS X Mavericks, my MacBook Pro wifi will not reconnect automatically upon waking from sleep. It only seems to happen after my MacBook has been in sleep mode overnight. I have to toggle wifi off and then back on for the connection to reconnect. Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? I've already tried renewing the lease and removing all the preferred wifi networks in an attempt to fix the problem. A search on Apple's website didn't really help too much either, but it seems like there are lots of posts about this. Wanted to know if the iMore folks had any suggestions.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My MacBook reconnects automatically after it exits sleep mode. Have you made sure that the "Ask to Join Networks" option is un-checked in the "Network Preferences" section?

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
This would happen to me from time to time when I first got my MBA when booting it up in the morning. No one could give me an explanation so I lived with it.
It wasn't until Mavericks was released that it fixed this issue.
Good Luck

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Still no luck. Ask to join networks is unchecked and Bluetooth is off.

Not sure what else to do. It didn't do this before Mavericks. Very strange.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Might want to try Network Utility. The Info tab could help narrow down if there are any Issues.

Does the problem persist if you set a static IP on your MacBook?

Is the WiFi access point also providing the DHCP lease?

The two questions above may not help narrow down the problem if your WiFi adapter isn't getting a proper "handshake" with the access point at the layers below where DHCP begins to function.

OS X: About Network Utility

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2