Can anyone explain what could be causing the Ghosting effect on my iMac 5K (late 2014)?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Occasionally it happens that windows leave ghosting marks on my desktop, that started like 2 years ago.
At the time I thought my screen was starting to get damaged, but whenever I do a reboot everything was gone again...

Like I said, this has been going on for like 2 years now, just randomly.
(if it was indeed damaged, it would not been going on for 2 years, and been solved with a simple reboot)

Can any1 explain what could be the cause and how to possibly fix this?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Ghosting on my iMac 5K (late 2014)

I would have to say it's some kind of software issue. Maybe a reset would work?

The_Prodigy1982

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

Actually it just happened again... and the ghosting did NOT go away till I turned off my screen for about 30min.
But still, I can't really place it to be honest?
(hardware issues can't be solved in 30min, although a software issue wouldn't take 30min to wear off either I assume)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Actually it just happened again... and the ghosting did NOT go away till I turned off my screen for about 30min.
But still, I can't really place it to be honest?
(hardware issues can't be solved in 30min, although a software issue wouldn't take 30min to wear off either I assume)
Maybe it is some kind of connection issue? Just go with this for a second...a ribbon connection gets warm, separated and causes the ghosting. Once it cools down and contracts, it "returns" to normal. Wash rinse repeat?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2