Any ideas why I can't redeem my beta code in regard to OS X Yosemite?

NPadrutt

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi there

I tried several times to redeem my beta code, but the strange think is, that if I click on redeem the spinner appears in the upper left for some seconds and dissapears then but nothing else happens.

I also tried with opening through directly through the website with the provided link and with different codes. But always the same result.

Anyone an idea what am i doing wrong?

I have a macbook pro 13 retina with Macos 10.9.5 installed.

Thanks
NPadrutt

Last edited:

NPadrutt

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

Not as far as I know. But it's possible that there is my apple id registered on a device we used for testing at my old company. Is there any way how I can double check that?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

Not as far as I know. But it's possible that there is my apple id registered on a device we used for testing at my old company. Is there any way how I can double check that?

If the code has already been used, you will typically get an error message that says so.

NPadrutt

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

ah, sorry. I made some wrong thoughts. I tried multiple times via leave the beta programm and reenter it. So the code shoulnd't be a problem. In fact I had the problem with the "already redeemed" code. This was fixed with the leave and reenter. But the problem that just nothing happens still persists =(

ecr80

May 21, 2012
Visit site
re:

i'm having the same issue, just recently applied to the beta program, and the app store app just stays frozen, and upon entering the code again i get the same error.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

ah, sorry. I made some wrong thoughts. I tried multiple times via leave the beta programm and reenter it. So the code shoulnd't be a problem. In fact I had the problem with the "already redeemed" code. This was fixed with the leave and reenter. But the problem that just nothing happens still persists =(

Once the code is redeemed, the download should start. The Yosemite beta (and DP) software is over 5GB, so it will take a while to download, based on your connection speed. Eventually, the installer will appear in your Applications folder. Have you checked to see if there’s anything there? (Install Yosemite...)

NPadrutt

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
re:

no, unfortunately nothing in the launcher. I made a new apple ID and tried it this with that one. The strange thing is that I got a mail with "my last downloads" who states the beta 3. But I can't see any beta download.

Peter Ro

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
re:

I am trying to do the yosemite beta thing too, and so i went to the yosemite beta website and sign up using my apple id and stuff, and then i tried to redeem my code, and it says already redeemed. So i left the program and tried again. This time nothing happens when i redeemed the code, nothing downloads or anything and i dont see anything in the purchase area. Weird

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

I am trying to do the yosemite beta thing too, and so i went to the yosemite beta website and sign up using my apple id and stuff, and then i tried to redeem my code, and it says already redeemed. So i left the program and tried again. This time nothing happens when i redeemed the code, nothing downloads or anything and i dont see anything in the purchase area. Weird

If it’s already been redeemed, and it was your AppleID that redeemed it, the Install Yosemite file should be in your Applications folder. You can also log into your Mac App Store account and check to see if it shows up in your Purchases tab.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

no, unfortunately nothing in the launcher. I made a new apple ID and tried it this with that one. The strange thing is that I got a mail with "my last downloads" who states the beta 3. But I can't see any beta download.

You should also check your Purchases tab in the Mac App Store app. It might be there for downloading/installing.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

I’d be curious where you got the code(s). The thread title says "beta" but are we talking specifically about the Beta program or is it the Developer Preview?

If the code really has already been redeemed, you can’t use it. Perhaps you can request a new one.

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
re:

I think Apple pulled the beta. I got the beta installed on my Macbook Air again a week or 2 ago (redeemed code back earlier in the year). Now, I want to install it on my iMac and its nowhere to be seen in my purchases tab.

Wonder if the official release of 10.10 is upon us if they did indeed remove the beta from the purchases tab.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

I think Apple pulled the beta. I got the beta installed on my Macbook Air again a week or 2 ago (redeemed code back earlier in the year). Now, I want to install it on my iMac and its nowhere to be seen in my purchases tab.

Wonder if the official release of 10.10 is upon us if they did indeed remove the beta from the purchases tab.

Doubtful. Apple has delayed the SMS part of continuity until October, and there’s an Apple event scheduled for then, as well. All signs point to Oct 22 for the release of Yosemite.

Apple confirms October 22 special event, still have a lot to cover | iMore
iOS 8 SMS sharing between iPhone and iPad will now arrive in October | iMore

Wreckus

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
re:

Doubtful. Apple has delayed the SMS part of continuity until October, and there’s an Apple event scheduled for then, as well. All signs point to Oct 22 for the release of Yosemite.

Apple confirms October 22 special event, still have a lot to cover | iMore
iOS 8 SMS sharing between iPhone and iPad will now arrive in October | iMore

Isn't that just a rumor right now? I can't see Yosemite being delayed that long just for SMS/continuity. They can always patch that in on the 22nd.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
re:

Isn't that just a rumor right now? I can't see Yosemite being delayed that long just for SMS/continuity. They can always patch that in on the 22nd.

Yeah, just a rumor at this point. However, it’s being reported widely, just like the September iPhone event (and by the same people).

Trust me, Yosemite is not being delayed that long "just for SMS/continuity". There are other issues. Things like disappearing menu bar icons, wifi dropping out randomly, issues with mail, mail rules, and a few others that I have reported. Yosemite is getting there, but it is NOT ready for prime time yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77