So, I have a java app that will run fine, and many other people who use the app also as we create a library of coded stuff. (I wish I could be more specific... but I can't). Anyway, everybody else is on Windows and the java app that we use needs to store temporary things into C:\something\temp.

Obviously, that doesn't exist in OSX. But could I somehow invisibly *redirect* anything sent to C:\something\temp to somewhere on my local disk? Symbolic links? Wine? Crossover?

Anything? Thanks in advance!
    01-21-2016 04:38 PM
    So, I have a java app that will run fine, and many other people who use the app also as we create a library of coded stuff. (I wish I could be more specific... but I can't). Anyway, everybody else is on Windows and the java app that we use needs to store temporary things into C:\something\temp.

Obviously, that doesn't exist in OSX. But could I somehow invisibly *redirect* anything sent to C:\something\temp to somewhere on my local disk? Symbolic links? Wine? Crossover?

Anything? Thanks in advance!
    I can not answer for Wine or Crossover as I have never used them. But I do use Parallels and it should be able to do what you are asking. As you will see below, the partition created by Parallels acts as a C:\ drive. This should allow you to create the path you are looking for. It also creates a shortcut to the same path on your desktop when you have it running. Also shown below. But you will need a copy of Windows to go along with Parallels to run it. You will have the option to share folders with OS X through Windows which will allows you to set folders for between systems. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Noob OSX question: any way to sym link to C:\ ??-screen-shot-2016-01-21-2.57.34-pm.png

Noob OSX question: any way to sym link to C:\ ??-screen-shot-2016-01-21-2.58.34-pm.png

Noob OSX question: any way to sym link to C:\ ??-screen-shot-2016-01-21-5.09.59-pm.png
    01-21-2016 07:16 PM