Why do my reminder apps show a Chrome icon for a reminder containing web link?

hthenning

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Reminders app shows Chrome icon for reminder containing web link

When I add a reminder using the Share button in Safari, a reminder is created with a web link in the note field. The first few times I did this an icon for Google Chrome appeared on the right ?near where the icon shows. Clicking the Chrome icon would open the link in Chrome. Clicking the web link would open it in Safari.

Now Reminders behaviour has changed again. The Chrome icon is not displayed, instead the little "no entry" symbol is displayed. Nothing happens clicking this, but the link still opens in Safari when that is clicked.

In IOS9 on my iPad, the same reminders are displayed with a Safari icon, which opens the link when clicked. A reminder created on the iPad shows on the iMac with a Safari icon.

Anybody any idea how to configure the app associations in Reminders to fix this small, but irritating little problem?

There doesn't seem to be an appropriate category for Reminders, so I've selected Mail, etc.

I'm personally having the above issue, but I haven't gotten any traction on Apple's help forums. Anybody have the same experience and know how to fix it? Its driving me nutty at work.

-HH

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77