Wifi problem???

mso

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Every time my ipad sleeps, I have to go in to settings and turn off wifi and then back on to get anything to work. Has anyone else seen these and therefore have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Have you updated to iOS 4.2 for iPad? Wi-Fi has been problematic for some iPad users since launch, unfortunately, and while iOS 4.2 reportedly fixed some bugs, others seem to remain.

Reactions: mso

mso

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I updated, it's just really strange. I guess Im just one of the lucky ones. I was thinking it could be a router issue but my macbook doesn't have the same problem nor does my phone for that matter. I've also had problems with my twitter client (echofon) and words with friends syncing to my ipad from my phone...It's a shame because the ipad is incredible, i've just had some bad experiences off the start. Anyway thanks for your response if you have any suggestion for the sync im all ears. Thanks again!

darktanone

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Check your brightness setting

Do this, go to SETTINGS and select BRIGHTNESS. Make sure the screen brightness isn't at the lowest setting. If it is, move the slider slightly to the right. Sounds strange, but I had this problem a few months back and tech support suggested this solution and it worked. Good luck.

heelsbigc

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had my ipad since launch day, and haven't had a single problem with the wifi. Then in the last week, every time it wakes from sleep the wifi doesn't seem to be connected. The icon shows that it's connected and in the wifi settings it shows it as connected, but there's no data flow. WTH? I checked the screen brightness thing suggested above and no dice.

ETA, I am on 4.2

I'm thinking of trying the "restore" option in itunes but I don't want to lose all the stuff on my ipad.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If your iPad still has warranty take it to the Apple store. I had some web apps crashing intermittently and when I took it in and they replaced it because of the modem.

David Allan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If your iPad is giving Wi-Fi problem, try resetting your network setting by using Settings -> General -> Reset -> and tap Reset Network Settings. Make sure your router microcode is up to date. Try this method; I am quite sure it will help. Let me know.

Acqua1992

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Do this, go to SETTINGS and select BRIGHTNESS. Make sure the screen brightness isn't at the lowest setting. If it is, move the slider slightly to the right. Sounds strange, but I had this problem a few months back and tech support suggested this solution and it worked. Good luck.

Yes, this works even for me!

KevinMartin

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
This is something he would add to the network of his modem as they are typically called Access Points. The recieve the signal from another device (usually a modem) and provide either another point to send wireless signal out or a physical ethernet port to plug into for personal computers.

Now what you can do is get an AirPort Express and keep it. The cool thing is you could plug it into your RV or near your RV in your friends house and very easily set it up to extend your friends wireless network and possibly giving stronger strength to the wireless. EDIT: The reason why I say you can keep it, is because it's a wireless router but has a lot of other cool uses but in this case right now help boost your friends wireless signal. The thing is, you can then take it back to your home and then set it up on your network as well.

There are different factors that play into wireless technology. Your MacBook Pro has more antennas as they usually have 3 while the iPad has 2. Then you have to also account for different chips used in the devices, each using different power and has different specs. As you might assume, the MacBook Pro has a better WiFi chip because it draws more power given battery technology and form factor.

Also there are other things that play into effect such as materials between you and the wireless router. There are many other things that can affect the preformance of WiFi though I'm going to assume it's mainly due to difference in technologies of the WiFi in each device.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2