4.2.1 Update Failed

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When attempting to update to 4.2.1 on my iPad 16gb wifi it goes through the process of downloading the update and backs up the ipad then wipes it, when it attempts to do the restore i get the following... "The iPad cannot be restored at this time because the iPad software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable". I tried restarting, turning the ipad off then back on, disabling my firewall and anti-virus... any suggestions? I have a $500 paperweight at this point.. lol

Snowleopards

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Apple server works on 100%. Can you imagine how many people downloading update? So wait few minutes and try again activate. Nothing serious.

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying that the server does not work. But this is the error message that itunes displays when I attempt to update.

ejallenb

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Software Update Problem

I click on update and the message is that there is no update available. Yet, the 3.2.2 OS is running on the iPad. iTunes on my iMac is 10.1. Again, I can't update to the new OS because the message is that no update is available.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I click on update and the message is that there is no update available. Yet, the 3.2.2 OS is running on the iPad. iTunes on my iMac is 10.1. Again, I can't update to the new OS because the message is that no update is available.

Just download the dmg manually and hold option+update and you should be fine...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77