Possible Camera Add-On?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I know Apple has the USB/SD Card readers you can buy for the iPad for digital cameras. Does anyone think they could release such a thing but with a camera instead? I think it would be cool to at least have a way to skype or something for now until a G2 comes out next year.

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I doubt they would let a 3rd party do it... Then when every one has a 1gen iPad with a camera attachment, what will they announce "new" on the 2nd version?

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
I doubt they would let a 3rd party do it... Then when every one has a 1gen iPad with a camera attachment, what will they announce "new" on the 2nd version?

They will announce that the second gen ipad has a built in camera which outperforms any 3rd party camera on the market. There is nobody that does a better job of creating hype for their product than Apple.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
If you are looking to use it for Skype, that developer will have to come up with the camera attachment in addition to the app since the dock connector camera would have to be activated by that specific app.

Therefore, chances you'll see this is low.

parishyoung

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Never say never.
The accessory option (as far as I know) has only been implemented by TomTom with their car kit / cradle, but at the same time the App can be used without it.

Maybe a universal camera can be created, that ANY App can have access to.
Likely if that happens Apple will introduce on on the next gen iPad :)

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Well I have always thought that someone (3rd party) should have made a slider keyboard attachment for the iPhone to curb all of the need for a physical keyboard, but noone has ever done it, so I don't know why this would be any different. My guess is you won't see one until apple decides to do it.

jgorman13

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
this is one accessory that i am hoping for. chancea re the 2nd gen will have this, as im sure apple took notice of the complaints with the first one. then itll suck for all us early adopters if theres no attachment.

theyre already seeing signs of ichat with video in the code for os 4.0!!

traylorc

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
this is one accessory that i am hoping for. chancea re the 2nd gen will have this, as im sure apple took notice of the complaints with the first one. then itll suck for all us early adopters if theres no attachment.

I would be willing to bet Steve Jobs and Apple didn't lose a wink of sleep over the complaints about the lack of a camera. Jobs and company knew they could launch the ipad with no camera and still sell a boatload of units.

Jobs and company will get around to putting a camera on their ipad when they feel like it. They work on "Apple" time....which is slower than most of us would like. :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2