I am currently evaluating my voice plan...

I currently have 5 lines on my family plan. That plan has 1400 minutes/month plus I get a 200 minute bonus from something some time ago - total of 1,600 mintes. And we don't use very many at all.

I'm with AT&T who offers a number of options like free nights & weekends, free mobile-to-mobile like all of the carriers. But AT&T also offers the following:

• Rollover minutes - bank unused minutes from each month for up to 12 months for use at any time to cover overages.
    • Mobile to Any Mobile minutes - with a family texting plan, AT&T gives you unlimited calls from your mobile to ANY other mobile device on ANY other US carrier.
    • A List minutes - free calls to any pre-defined number that you specify, up to 10 phone numbers.

On average over the past 6 months, I've used 316 paid minutes per month out of 1,600 possible minutes. My rollover balance is up to over 9,400 minutes.

My problem is this, if I cut back on plan minutes, the other freebie items start disappearing... for example, the 1,400 minute plan is the lowest that includes the A List minutes (which has averaged over 800 minutes each month) ... and if you change your plan to less minutes, AT&T makes you forfeit all rollover minutes above the monthly allotment for the new plan (i.e., if I change to a plan with 700 minutes/month, my rollover balance drops to 700 minutes)... so you can't build up a bank and then drop down and use 'em up.

So I'm curious... how many minutes do you use each month?
    06-14-2012 03:54 PM
    actually when i went from 1400 minutes to 700 minutes they let me keep 5000 out of my 11000? rollover. now there was a tremendous amount of *** kissing and ego stroking that occurred but they made it happen haha

i have 5 lines as well and we get close to the 700 minutes but the rollover always saves me. also, i know for a fact the free mobile to any mobile has saved me a lot of headaches too
    06-14-2012 04:29 PM
    I have 450 anytime minutes plus unlimited any mobile to any mobile calling and unlimited texting thrown in for free with that plan. I got a Verizon employee plan because the girl that sold me my first Verizon phone was my sister's best friend. With the unilimited AM2AM calling, I use about a thousand minutes a month because everyone I know has a cell phone. Out of my 450 minutes, I use maybe 10.
    06-15-2012 09:41 AM
    So I'm curious... how many minutes do you use each month?
    I'm on a old voice plan of 200 ATM and 1000 N&W minutes for $30/month. My total usage per month on average is 90 minutes. This is absolutely the best plan for my calling needs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    06-15-2012 10:19 AM
    I'm on a old voice plan of 200 ATM and 1000 N&W minutes for $30/month. My total usage per month on average is 90 minutes. This is absolutely the best plan for my calling needs.
    shocked that you are not on a family plan. you do have others with phones in your family, do you not?
    06-15-2012 10:38 AM
    My billing cycle ends on July 2nd and I've only used 87 minutes out of 1400 shared with my teen son. most of the numbers I frequently call or are called from our free. Wow! I suppose I need to revisit the available plans, huh?

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-15-2012 10:39 AM
    My billing cycle ends on July 2nd and I've only used 87 minutes out of 1400 shared with my teen son. most of the numbers I frequently call or are called from our free. Wow! I suppose I need to revisit the available plans, huh?

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Perhaps you should... but in my case, I'm stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place... If I drop my minutes down,I lose the features that cause me NOT to use my plan minutes... Hopefully your situation is different.
    06-15-2012 11:20 AM
    I don't use my minutes either, BUT it's the M2M and the F&F that save me every month, and if I change I probably lose them also.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-15-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-15-2012 11:29 AM
    shocked that you are not on a family plan. you do have others with phones in your family, do you not?
    My daughter pretty much texts only on her iPhone so see is on a PP plan, hubby hardly talks on his cell and doesn't really want a cell phone so he is also on PP. My son will be getting his first cell phone for his birthday in few months so I will start him off on a PP account where I can monitor his usage. I've done the math already and find that this is a cheaper option for our needs than a family plan would be, especially with one kid having an iPhone with another getting one soon.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.
    06-15-2012 11:29 AM

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    This. I have unlimited minutes and I only use about 100 or so per month. Could use more data though....

Cheers
    06-15-2012 12:45 PM
    This. I have unlimited minutes and I only use about 100 or so per month. Could use more data though....

Cheers
    Oh, I definitely get my money's worth via data..(laughing)...especially now without home Internet until my new home is completed.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-15-2012 01:03 PM
    I don't use my minutes either, BUT it's the M2M and the F&F that save me every month, and if I change I probably lost them also.
    Same here.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-15-2012 01:04 PM
    Perhaps you should... but in my case, I'm stuck between the proverbial rock and hard place... If I drop my minutes down,I lose the features that cause me NOT to use my plan minutes... Hopefully your situation is different.
    I see your point, my friend.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-15-2012 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD