99 cents/gal for 87

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-24-2012 10:15 AM
    The national anthem and the Indian on the screen. I remember that. The Indian scared the crap out of me too. The local PBS station used to do that a long time ago when I was a kid. It'd end with the National Anthem followed by that annoying beep and that Indian screen.

Filled up my truck on Friday after work. $3.04/gal. Never thought I'd be so happy to see gas at $3/gallon.
    The indian on the screen? Are you referring to the one in regard to pollution?

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-24-2012 10:30 AM
    The indian on the screen? Are you referring to the one in regard to pollution?

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    No. This:

That Indian looked mean to a five year old ginger kid.
    06-25-2012 09:59 AM
    No. This:

Click to view quoted image

Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying it for me, however, I do not remember seeing that on TV, but I can definitely see how the Indian would be scary to a 5 year old child.... Thank you again and have a great day.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-25-2012 10:29 AM
    No. This:

I don't remember that one either. Where did you grow up? Perhaps it was specific to certain locations (midwest plain states where the Native Americans lived)... The "test pattern" that I remember was just the charts, no photos or other images were in them.
    06-25-2012 11:11 AM
    I don't remember that one either. Where did you grow up? Perhaps it was specific to certain locations (midwest plain states where the Native Americans lived)... The "test pattern" that I remember was just the charts, no photos or other images were in them.
    Same here. No other images except that of the test pattern and I grew up in central Florida.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-25-2012 11:13 AM
    The corn patch in which I reside is in Arkansas. This was way back when I was a kid some 25 years ago or so. The local PBS station used to use it.
    06-25-2012 11:16 AM
    No. This:

I remember that test pattern, and i grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y.
    06-25-2012 12:06 PM
    I remember that test pattern, and i grew up in Brooklyn, N.Y.
    What a blast from the past - haven't seen that in ages...
    06-25-2012 03:57 PM
    99 cents/gal for 87

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL I remember gas wars and "real" regular gas under 25 cents/gal.
    06-25-2012 03:58 PM
    Does anyone remember THIS commercial? I remember Gulf used to be a sponsor of the Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday evening... I saw this commercial many times during that show...

06-25-2012 04:23 PM
    Does anyone remember THIS commercial? I remember Gulf used to be a sponsor of the Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday evening... I saw this commercial many times during that show...

You went way back to find that commercial from 1972..lol. Anyway, I kinda remember it. I did watch the Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday though.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-25-2012 04:40 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD