I am a technician at a performing arts college, we are constantly experimenting with new technology and have used ipads for many things from presenting in class to controlling our 14' video wall remotely during gigs. I would love to get hold of the apogee to try out myself and work this in to our lesson plans.
    11-07-2011 05:45 AM
    This would be the perfect gift for my son! He is a high school senior with a plan to get a degree in music business. He has written and recorded many of his own songs and this would be so cool!
    11-07-2011 09:10 AM
    I'm using GB mostly to record or work out ideas when I'm not home, or to record short sections of songs I'm working on. Very interested in all of the amp options, and the Apogee Jam would help with that!
    11-07-2011 09:37 AM
    Man, with one of these and maybe some sort of teleprompting or set list software I could cut the amoung of gear I haul to a gig in half. One stand taking the place of stomp boxes, music stand, set sheet...

in for one
    11-07-2011 10:01 AM
    A number of years ago (after an illness that put me out of playing live gigs for quite a while), I sold most of my gear, intending to go fully digital (and more portable). I've been itching to get my gear back in order (I only kept my guitars) and start playing again. I'm hoping to do this between a combination of my iPad, MBP, and software. This would help get me started again.
    11-07-2011 06:12 PM
    I'm in the process of learning guitar and I'd love to have one of these. I plan on playing country and rock, both with a buesey feel.
    11-08-2011 10:05 AM
    What about me
    11-08-2011 02:48 PM
    I love to sit on the bus on my way to NYC writing music with Garage band on my iPad using the keyboard and drum beat feature. Music on the go at is absolutely magical.
    11-08-2011 08:09 PM
    I've been a musician for a lot of years. I play classic Rock & Roll, Surf Music, and the Blues. I have an iphone and an ipad 2. I keep most of my music on my ipad 2. I use a program called Onsong. This is a great program. It replaces sheet music. I use my ipad for practicing new songs. I also use it to play jam tracks thru my amp to play along with. It works great. I have also downloaded several music apps for making backing tracks like drums, Keyboard and other digital instruments.

I have a Gretsch Electriomatic and a 57 Strat reissue. I use guage band to create chord progressions and play along riffs and solos. The best thing about all of this is my ipad 2 has all my play list and songs that I like to listen to and play.
    Last edited by mshelhart; 11-08-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    11-08-2011 08:34 PM
    Sweet!!
    I listen to mostly country, but like my AC/DC and Lynrd Skynrd too!
    11-09-2011 03:36 PM
    I recording and learning incredibly difficult songs and solos on the ipad. I will post them soon on youtube. My youtube name is nbrpps1.
    Scott
    11-10-2011 10:11 AM
    I play acoustic blues guitar and musical saw (with an input I installed on the handle) for theatre. My music is usually improvised conjoined with the improv on stage by actors. I'd be happy to be able to inconspicuously make recordings of what I come up with, and help me get into more shows or plays.
    11-11-2011 05:22 PM
    Im just learning how to play the guitar and it would be awesome to use my ipad to help me do that :P
    11-20-2011 05:05 PM
88 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD