anyone planning on getting Macbook Air

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Any plans to get either model? If I can sell my wifes HP on craigslist I'm going to give her my new MBP (bought in June) and get the MBA. I just sold my 16GB 3G model on craigslist mainly because I didn't use it all that often. I would take it on plane rides but didn't care for the keyboard. Now with the MBA out I'm thinking about that. I rarely use CDs because the truck allows me to hook us EX-HD. I can pretty much download anything...including Microsoft Office for school and work. And I can wirelessly print at home with the new MBA (or any laptop). I'm not a huge gamer online so not worried about that.

As far as OSX Lion, will people with Macs have to buy it out right or will we get some sort of discount?

thanks guys/gals

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm still debating it. I just got a MacBook Pro and I think I'd miss the discreet graphics card, though 4GB of RAM is great to see as a build-to-order option.

Leopard was a $129 upgrade, Snow Leopard was a $29 upgrade, no word on Lion pricing yet.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope. My 3 year old MB Pro (Santa Rosa) is attached to Active Directory, works with my exchange server, runs AS/400, dabbles with AutoCad files, running Fusion, and a bunch of other crap. I use it for work. Air? It's for a differently crowd, while capable nonetheless.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
yeah I don't do much with my laptops besides do Microsoft Office work, download torrents, surf internet and to be 100% honest I never used my disk drive except to install office lol...everything else is downloaded

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the point really. i have an iPad. I do like the fact that the 11" has 16:9 ratio.

Now my HP is really giving me trouble, amd I've been thinking of going back to the mac (I had a unibody macbook for a short time between 2008 and 2009) but I'm mostly stuck between getting a macbook pro, or just using my ipad for my mobile stuff and getting a 27" imac for the home. (more powerfull system for less price of a macbook pro)

but that may not be for a while.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77