New, just made the jump from Blackberry to iPhone.

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, coming from Crackberry forums, just got my iPhone 3gs and coming from a Blackberry Bold 9700 (gave to the wife) I didn't need it for work anymore so I thought I would get something a little more fun :)

Aside from the poor battery life, I love it so far..

Cheers!:D

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations! I made the same jump many moons ago. Its been a great transition and glad I did it. There will always be a small part of my heart reserved for a BlackBerry though. You may or may not end up missing the email function but iPhone OS4 will fill that most likely with its new unified inbox.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to the iPhone! I came kicking and screaming from my beloved Blackberry as the result of a truly unwanted gift from my other beloved in December '08-I fully intended to return the dang thing for a Blackberry Bold within the ATT 30 day return window. Within 3 days I was hooked and never looked back. Fast forward to April '10-I can't imagine having anything else. I love my iPhone. Enjoy!

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, how did the 9700 work out for you? I was going to get one until I decided to get the 3GS.

It really worked as it should, definitely the flagship BB. I never had any problems with it at all. Great device for work/personal but can be a bit boring for entertainment. It does media well, just not as well as the iPhone. I didn't need it for work anymore and have wanted an iPhone for a few years, so I got one. My wife has the 9700 now and loved it also.

omgabunny

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow pretty much the same situation as me! I loved my 9700 on ATT but it wasn't "fun" for me. Just switched to the 3gs and aside from the horrible battery life I really like it. I'm gonna give my bold to my sister.

ebedoun#IM

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Wife and I both Have 9700's. We bought them no commitment in December and sold our Bold 9000's. I cannot stand the build quality of the 9700. My original unit had a horrible trackpad and the chrome frets between the keys were breaking in several places. One of my keys wore out after only a few months of use. At&t sent me three different refurbs, all had issues, they then let me exchange in store for a new one. I'll keep this think mint until it is time to sell it. Funny thing is all of the above is just from use. I baby my phone, I have never once dropped it. I take such great care of my stuff.

I was a die-hard windows mobile user before Blackberry. I was constantly tweaking and reloading. I found myself doing that kind of stuff more than actually USING the device. I am starting to get that same way with my Blackberry with all the leaked OS's and such. Spending way too much time tweaking and reloading.

My answer to all of the above... the iPhone. No keys to wear out from typing, excellent built quality and the reputation of Apple. We are big time apple fans. Each have a macbook and an iMac at home.

When we initially moved to at&t we were going to get iPhones...our minds were made up. Until we noticed that all of their windows mobile phones were free through premier at that time. I went with a Treo 750 and she got the HTC Tilt. Basically similar phones to what we had with Verizon. We ended up having a ton of issues with the WM phones and at&t swapped us out with BlackBerry Bold 9000's at no cost. They were both brand new. Then in December we bought the 9700's no commitment for 349 each minus a 100 rebate each. So after selling Both 9000's for 225 each on craigslist, our 9700's cost $25 each.

We are waiting until June/July for the new iPhone and then we will sell our BlackBerry 9700's and both be happy iPhone users. We both have iPod touch units. I have to say, I have been using my iPod touch a LOT more since deciding to make the switch...and all I can say is I cannot wait for that to be my phone. C'mon June/July...hurry up and get here. I know I am making the right choice.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Same story here as the OP...former BB user turned iTouch turned iPhone user. I'm actually registered on TreoCentral, PreCentral, WMExperts, and Crackberry - yes I've used them all (except the pre). I'm one of those people who swore up and down I'd never get an iPhone. Then a co-worker started using a new 3rd Gen touch, and I got to actually play with one and give it a fair shake. Got my own iTouch 32g, and now 2 weeks later I got myself a 3GS 16g (couldn't stand having to rely on wifi all the time; here in the nw subs of Chi it's not always available).
So now we'll see if my wife makes the jump; I'm going to let her spend some time with the iTouch.

What made me make the jump? Not so much that I hated the BB; really enjoyed it in fact. But got tired of the 3-hour reboots, and once I played with an iTouch the web browsing made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. My biggest thing for using a BB was email, but since I predominately use GMail, the iPhone/Touch is just as fast. And I just absolutely love being able to download a free app for anything I need. I bought Docs to Go prem, and can sync my google docs and office docs; just absolutely great. But why am I telling you guys? It's like preaching to the choir!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl