Hi I am new

camperdown9

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys

This is my first post and I thought I would just tell you about myself.

Name: Alex
Born: Belfast, N.Ireland
Home: London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France (Most of the year I spend 3 weeks a month in London and 1 week in France. However I go to France for all of the summer)

Current Phones: Black iPhone 3G 16GB on contract with O2 & Blackberry Bold bought on eBay and using with a Vodafone UK sim (sim only contract) Also I have an old Samsung D900 with an Orange France prepay sim.

Why three phones.

Iphone - I had a 2G iPhone which I liked and when the 3G went on sale I just had to upgrade. I was outside an O2 store at 6am (2 hours before they opened) on the 11th July. This is my main phone and most people call me on this. I use it for music, podcasts, to text, to look at website when I am not at home, games etc. However I am not a big O2 fan as the signal at home is not great. Also O2 charge me 35p (about $0.60) per min to call the UK from France and 18p (about $0.31) per min to pick up a call in France. (Vodafone have a product called Passport that charges me 75p (about $1.28) to make or receive a call in France. After that I pay their standard UK rates or the call comes out of whatever mins they give me per month.) What don't I like about my iPhone? Well I wish it would pick up my emails as quickly as my Blackberry and I miss copy and paste.

BB Bold - This is my third Blackberry this year. I use it to send and receive email and my partner calls me on this when I am in France (see above)

Samsung D900 - I don't use this very much but if I am in France and a need to make a local call then its worth using. Also my French friends are not to happy about calling a UK mobile phone when I am just 5 mins down the road.

Phone History-Lots
I can't remember every phone that I have had. However I have had a contract with every UK network (O2, Vodafone, 3, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile) and in the last few years I have had: N95, N95 8GB, iPhone 2G, Blackberry 8100, Blackberry 8110, Blackberry 8120, Blackberry 8310, Treo 650, Treo 500, T-Mobile SDA, Samsung G600, Sony Ericsson W800, K700, K750, W200 and lots more.

What Next???
Not sure either a Vodafone Blackberry Storm or a White iPhone (the iPhone would have to be from Italy or a country that sells unlocked iPhones). I would use this with my Vodafone sim and maybe sell my Bold on.

What would I like to see - I hate locked phones. Why should a phone come with a contract? Why can't the mobile service be one thing and the handset something else?

Other info - I am married to someone who has never owned a mobile phone other than a company one and hates phones.

Have a great weekend and thanks for reading.

Alex

iPhoneDirectory

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to iPhone family :)

Hi Guys

This is my first post and I thought I would just tell you about myself.

Name: Alex
Born: Belfast, N.Ireland
Home: London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France (Most of the year I spend 3 weeks a month in London and 1 week in France. However I go to France for all of the summer)

Current Phones: Black iPhone 3G 16GB on contract with O2 & Blackberry Bold bought on eBay and using with a Vodafone UK sim (sim only contract) Also I have an old Samsung D900 with an Orange France prepay sim.

Why three phones.

Iphone - I had a 2G iPhone which I liked and when the 3G went on sale I just had to upgrade. I was outside an O2 store at 6am (2 hours before they opened) on the 11th July. This is my main phone and most people call me on this. I use it for music, podcasts, to text, to look at website when I am not at home, games etc. However I am not a big O2 fan as the signal at home is not great. Also O2 charge me 35p (about $0.60) per min to call the UK from France and 18p (about $0.31) per min to pick up a call in France. (Vodafone have a product called Passport that charges me 75p (about $1.28) to make or receive a call in France. After that I pay their standard UK rates or the call comes out of whatever mins they give me per month.) What don't I like about my iPhone? Well I wish it would pick up my emails as quickly as my Blackberry and I miss copy and paste.

BB Bold - This is my third Blackberry this year. I use it to send and receive email and my partner calls me on this when I am in France (see above)

Samsung D900 - I don't use this very much but if I am in France and a need to make a local call then its worth using. Also my French friends are not to happy about calling a UK mobile phone when I am just 5 mins down the road.

Phone History-Lots
I can't remember every phone that I have had. However I have had a contract with every UK network (O2, Vodafone, 3, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile) and in the last few years I have had: N95, N95 8GB, iPhone 2G, Blackberry 8100, Blackberry 8110, Blackberry 8120, Blackberry 8310, Treo 650, Treo 500, T-Mobile SDA, Samsung G600, Sony Ericsson W800, K700, K750, W200 and lots more.

What Next???
Not sure either a Vodafone Blackberry Storm or a White iPhone (the iPhone would have to be from Italy or a country that sells unlocked iPhones). I would use this with my Vodafone sim and maybe sell my Bold on.

What would I like to see - I hate locked phones. Why should a phone come with a contract? Why can't the mobile service be one thing and the handset something else?

Other info - I am married to someone who has never owned a mobile phone other than a company one and hates phones.

Have a great weekend and thanks for reading.

Alex

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon