Would you buy a "Microsoft Switch"

2pagalyonoman

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
Would you buy a Switch made by Microsoft called something like Xbox Switch or Xbox Anywhere or Xbox Variable which will have the Xbox OS and Xbox Games.Share your thoughts :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If my youngest son wanted one then yes, but I wouldn’t buy one for myself.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Oh you mean a Surface Tablet? XD

I actually always really wanted one because of the wacom pen compatible screen, but I use primarily macOS, so Windows is kind of a non-starter.

Jul 25, 2017
Visit site
I don't think so, i've been looking at the new gen games from both microsoft and sony and i'm pretty disapointed, the only thing that got my attention was Bloodborne on the ps4, and nothing from microsoft really impressed me( at least nothing that isn't available on pc) that's why i think the switch is the best alternative currently, when i saw Breath of the wild i just couldn't believe it dude.
So, unless the Microsoft Switch was pretty cheap and had incredible games i would never buy it.

splatune

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
Ha, don't get me started on Bloodborne. I've put close to 200 hours into that. If I could play that on the go...

But if we're lumping together all non-Nintendo mobile gaming, I've had a PSP and PS Vita and they're both pretty decent. The Vita has a distinct lack of games, but does have a few really good ones that almost make up for it (thinking like Binding of Isaac here). So I could see Microsoft competing here, but I don't think the market needs it. I'd rather just see the Switch take over this market :D

bubble100100

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If it ran Windows and could play games like a low end gaming PC in the Switch's form factor, yes.

Fun fact: There's a device somewhat similar to this called the GPD Win. Not sure if it's any good or not, though.

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
I think what you're talking about already exists as far as Microsoft is concerned. The surface line for one and the long list of cheaper 3rd party atom/core m based tablets like the lenovo/asus/linx tablets running windows 10 and the windows store. The key and massive draw for the Switch is Nintendo and their 1st party games.

Momobeawesome

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I am not the biggest fan of Microsoft. over the years I've notice that their interface has gotten increasingly confusing. My family uses windows and every time I try to trouble shoot something for them I get confused and frustrated. I am definitely a mac person. So I don't think I would every buy a switch like counsel from Microsoft. Though, I must say that I am ok with Xbox, not my favorite, but I am ok with it :)

thethriftyman

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
I am not the biggest fan of Microsoft. over the years I've notice that their interface has gotten increasingly confusing. My family uses windows and every time I try to trouble shoot something for them I get confused and frustrated. I am definitely a mac person. So I don't think I would every buy a switch like counsel from Microsoft. Though, I must say that I am ok with Xbox, not my favorite, but I am ok with it :)

I'm an Apple fanboy all the way, too. Maybe an Apple Switch would be better? haha

Momobeawesome

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I definitely would be down for an apple switch more so then Microsoft! Thou, with the release of Pokémon go and super Mario run you could argue it's already happening... slowly but surely... apple is planting the seeds of entering the console space... (totally joking) but hey! Maybe!

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
If it supported all Xbox One games out of the box, I’d have to think long and hard about it. There’s some pretty good games out there for Xbox, and a wealth of developers that Nintendo is currently trying to win over. Microsoft has a recent history of building some compelling hardware (looking at you, Surface Book / Surface Studio). If they went after the mobile crowd with an Xbox Go that had that entire game library from the start, it’d be hard not to consider it. But if they aren’t directly compatible and developers would have to do some work to make their games work on an Xbox Go, they’d have a tough time taking on the Switch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2