Greetings iMore

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm Jared, and I'm soon returning to the world of iPhone (not that I was gone long) and was wondering how many of you have left, only to return a short while later? (Grass is always greener I suppose)

I've had my iPhone 4 since launch. It's been great. Reliable as a Honda. But recently I have become bored with iOS, and figured I'd give Android a try... I bought the Nexus 4 phone, and Nexus 7 tablet, and needless to say, Android is simply not for me... The latest Android, Jellybean, is leaps and bounds ahead of where Android was the last time I tried one out, but just not quite the smooth experience yet, that I want... so both devices are now on my local Craigslist, and my iPhone 4 will return to standard duty shortly.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hoping to get my 4 switched over to the Straight Talk/T-Mobile plan I was running my Nexus on... while I love AT&T, cutting my monthly bill in half was one of the positive aspects to come out of my short term defection to the dark side.

I guess my first question is: How hard is it to replace the battery in these phones ourselves? The battery in my 4 doesn't quite have the stamina that it used to in its younger days... and I figure a new battery might breath new life in to the old girl.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Hoping to get my 4 switched over to the Straight Talk/T-Mobile plan I was running my Nexus on... while I love AT&T, cutting my monthly bill in half was one of the positive aspects to come out of my short term defection to the dark side.

I guess my first question is: How hard is it to replace the battery in these phones ourselves? The battery in my 4 doesn't quite have the stamina that it used to in its younger days... and I figure a new battery might breath new life in to the old girl.
Hi Jared. Welcome back.... Here is a guide on how to change the battery on a iPhone 4. Weekly Mod: How to replace an iPhone 4 battery | iMore

Hope this helps you out. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Welcome to iMore Jared,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost