Hey there everyone!

I'm Tyler, a once avid fanboy of all things Android looking to jump ship to iOS sometime this fall. (Greatly looking forward to Sept. as rumored and hoping for some good news like everyone else!)

"once, fanboy, jump?"

Well I'm glad you asked. Although I still enjoy android and will still follow it's development I have found myself yearning for something new. I love the customization that it offered as well as it's developer community where I spent a great deal of time tweaking and flashing to my hearts content. However there is always a very core something that I always seem to be missing. I am still not entirely sure what that is but I do know that it doesn't seem to be in there, for me at least, and it may have never been there as I always looked toward custom ROMs to fulfill my Android dreams. So now I am looking at iOS as an equal yet different approach to what a smartphone means. I've had top of the line hardware and bleeding edge software with a plethora of features that I still to this day have never really used in practice. I want my device to be an extension of me with features that are more for everyday use and intuitiveness that follows through all elements of the UI and hardware.

So that's why I'm here and I'm excited to be a part of the conversation with all of you.

Unrelated to the above wall of text, after having decided to change my smartphone OS of choice (sometime March-ish), I found myself working for Apple as of July which further solidified my decisions. And although I have no great inside scoop on anything, I do hope to be a resource for the community where I can!
    John Yester likes this.
    08-20-2013 12:22 AM
    Welcome to iMore forums... be sure to check out the blog side of things... enjoy your stay.
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 12:26 AM
    Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 12:28 AM
    Welcome and enjoy
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 12:33 AM
    Welcome to iMore! There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people here, and we're glad that you joined us. Have a look around and jump in to the conversation.
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 12:33 AM
    Welcome to the iMore Community crowordove I'm sure you will find iMore a fun, friendly, and informative place to be ! Enjoy your job at the Apple Store....my blue shirt guy was the BEST !!
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 08:06 AM
    Hello Tyler, welcome to the community. You'll find a lot of great info posted here on iMore to keep you up date with Apples upcoming Sep. event.
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 08:13 AM
    Hi Tyler and Welcome...
    ​Thank you for providing us with your info and what you are looking for.
    Please take a few minutes to read the Community Rules & Guidelines and once again thank you for joining iMore!
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 08:37 AM
    Welcome to iMore. Enjoy your stay!
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 09:54 AM
    Surely your switch will be simple and pleasurable...

​Welcome!
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 09:56 AM
    Welcome to iMore Tyler,

If you need help use the search tool found here: Search iMore

If you can't find what you are looking for just ask. That's why we are here.

Again Welcome to iMore and enjoy your stay!
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 10:42 AM
    Hi Tyler, and welcome to iMore. Thank you for introducing yourself and for reporting for duty, sir. Feel free to engage in any conversation you deem interesting. Take care
    crowordove likes this.
    08-20-2013 10:52 AM