Fixing vs Selling damaged MacBook Pro

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, a few months ago I damaged my MacBook pro screen so I've been using it as a desktop with a monitor plugged in with separate mouse and keyboard. I'm gonna need a laptop for this upcoming year of University, so I'm wondering if anyone has experience selling damaged MacBooks or if I should spend the $1000 on fixing it. Thanks!
8800deb01f4da9cd8024b9d7a496e3a0.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Shot in the dark would be to see how much a comparable replacement would cost. If you're already willing to spend $1k to repair this one, then you may find buying a new one a better option.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Shot in the dark would be to see how much a comparable replacement would cost. If you're already willing to spend $1k to repair this one, then you may find buying a new one a better option.

This.

Apple Refurb, particularly if this model is older than the current refurbs.

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
This is a good option, do you know of any options for selling damaged MacBooks?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
This is a good option, do you know of any options for selling damaged MacBooks?

No, but I'm going to take another stab in the dark and say based on what's wrong with it and you've already said it would be in the $1k range to fix, you probably won't get much for it as is.

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
No, but I'm going to take another stab in the dark and say based on what's wrong with it and you've already said it would be in the $1k range to fix, you probably won't get much for it as is.
Haha well I appreciate all your stabs in the dark! I've come to terms that I probably won't get a lot for it, but if I'm upgrading I think I'd be better off selling it and putting the money towards it

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Haha well I appreciate all your stabs in the dark! I've come to terms that I probably won't get a lot for it, but if I'm upgrading I think I'd be better off selling it and putting the money towards it

Since it's still usable as a "desktop" computer, you might get a few hundred for it. Now I don't personally own a Mac but we go have them at work and I know what they cost, even with an Apple Business "discount". Hopefully someone else will comment with better info.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urbanwoodsman1966