Anyone trading their MBP for a Surface Laptop?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Well it certainly is beautiful. But I'm not sure how I'd do with Windows anymore. I've been using Apple for so long. My wife is a Windows fan though and she's had her eyes on the Surface line. This may be an option. It looks really nice. Dare I say, better than the MacBooks?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Quis89 regarding this matter. I've been using a MacBook for the last 8 years and I'm not ready to leave the Mac operating system.

Brad Semenick

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I've been on the market for a new laptop entering my fourth year of University this coming fall. I have a functional​ 15" MacBook Pro (2014) although the display needs to be replaced which will set me back close to $1000 according to Geek Squad. I'm highly considering selling the MacBook and jumping to the surface line

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I both have Surface Pro 3s, and are very happy with them. She never uses hers as a tablet though, always with the type cover set up like a laptop. I think she would love the laptop.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro 3 and two MacBook Pros. I used the SP3 as my main computer for about the first six months after buying it but then switched back to my 15" MBP full time. I think the MBP still has a much better display.

I didn't use the pen much on the SP3 other then for doing screen captures and the pen support on my SP3 seems to have broken now after owning the computer for 2.5 years. It has a severe delay and restoring the Sp3 to factory doesn't fix it.

Always, I've been using MacBook Pros since 2007 when the first iPhone came out and I doubt that I will ever go to a windows computer full time. I'll always be a Mac user just like I use my 6S+ as my daily even though I have a S7 Edge and many other Android phones.

Ziich47

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I won't be switching from the MacBook Pro but I also won't be switching my sister over to a MacBook. I would much rather get her this instead. She doesn't care about specs. she just want something that looks nice and will last a long time. Plus if she has any issues she can got to the Microsoft store rather than bug me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2