Good deal on used MBP. Any high failure items to look for?

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Purchased a Surface Pro 4 with the M3 processor and keyboard which came to around $877 after discounts (just kind of felt ripped off). So I checked CL and the LetGo app and came across a

(Mid 2015) 15" Retina Pro

2.2 core i7/256GB/16GB RAM
Wireless Mighty Mouse
Superdrive
Swiss Gear bag

The seller was asking $1000. I figured it would be all beat to hell. The guy seemed legit and was willing to meet at the local Apple Store for inspection. Holy crap was this thing mint. Since the warranty has expired. For you guys with MBP around this age are their any high failure items to keep an eye on?

Taking the SP4 back to BB today!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Nothing big fail that I can think of. But that's not to say something could not go wrong. You have to remember it is an electronic device. I am not trying to scare you. The MBP in general is a pretty solid machine and that was a good deal you got. The two most expensive things that could fail are the logic board or the screen, but that is not common. I have 3 - 2010 MBP's in my household and they all work like a dream. Have never had any issues with any of them. As I said pretty solid machines.

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing big fail that I can think of. But that's not to say something could not go wrong. You have to remember it is an electronic device. I am not trying to scare you. The MBP in general is a pretty solid machine and that was a good deal you got. The two most expensive things that could fail are the logic board or the screen, but that is not common. I have 3 - 2010 MBP's in my household and they all work like a dream. Have never had any issues with any of them. As I said pretty solid machines.

Thanks for the info. After searching online and seeing the same model going for $1300-$1500 I figured why not take a chance.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the info. After searching online and seeing the same model going for $1300-$1500 I figured why not take a chance.

Definitely a good deal and you will gets several years of good use from it. It's a real workhorse. About the only thing you may have to replace down the road is the battery, but that is normal wear & tear. Batteries are cheap. Enjoy your new toy. Kinda jealous! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost