What kind of external monitors are you using for your Macbook Pro's with Retina Display?

thinblueline029

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Just starting to work on my "perfect" set up for my computer area. I've recently purchased a Macbook Pro with Retina display. My Hedge (I think that's spelled right) dock is on the way and I'm planning on an external display for office use. I purchased the Seiki Pro 28 inch 4k Monitor. Mostly because it had good reviews on Amazon and was 100 dollars off (I'll post the link)

Then it made me think.... Is there something I should be thinking about for external monitors? Do some work better or worse with Retina displays?

If you can, let me know your thoughts, what you are using and any tips issues or things I need to think about. If I bought a disaster, let me know... I always have an option to return to amazon.

Thanks. Happy Labor Day!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUimUvbUpU2798634

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

I don't have a MBP, but I currently use an old LiquidVideo brand monitor for my early 2009 model MacBook.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I use the Apple Thunderbolt Display with my 2015 13" rMBP. I know it's officially dead, but I still love it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2