Galaxy S6 + MacBook Pro w/Retina Display - Will They Get Along?

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Less than a week to go until my new purchase and it is boiling down to the Galaxy S6 and the iPhone 6 (both 128 GB). Is there anyone out there that has a Galaxy S6 and, if so, how is your experience with syncing files between it and your MacBook Pro.

Thanks!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a S6, but I had a LG G3 and the experience was . . . let's go with frustrating. I even purchased special software to help, but that only did so much.

With my iPhone 6 Plus, it's much easier to keep things in sync and running smooth.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
When I used to use a Mac to transfer things to an Android phone, I had to use some software called Android File Transfer. Sometimes the software didn't work but mostly it was OK. I also used Airdroid I think it was called.

Now I just use my Surface Pro 3 and I can drag and drop whatever I want from within File Exolorer in Windows.

bogeyx5

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an S6 but a Motorola Droid Maxx (and an iPhone 5s). It's not as easy as an iPhone but there are workarounds. For iTunes music, I have software that wirelessly syncs. It can be set on a schedule or manually with or without plugging into power. The movies in iTunes get converted to mp4 format and manually transferred using an OTG USB device. Photos are stored in the Google cloud and can be accessed with my MBP anytime.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2