Just wanted to update my thread to say that I have placed my order for the MBP 15" Model. Took me a few days to decide as it was a lot more than I wanted to spend. However, after looking at some of the Dell XPS laptop reviews and seeing all the WiFi issues that it had, I decided that putting my money toward a good laptop now that will hopefully last me at least 5 years is a worthwhile investment... Only thing I didn't purchase at the checkout was Apple Care as I think I have a year to add it.

This is the MBP that I went with:

Thanks for everyone's help in making my decision much easier.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.
    Fausty82 and JoyfulHeart35 like this.
    10-25-2013 08:08 AM
    Just wanted to update my thread to say that I have placed my order for the MBP 15" Model. Took me a few days to decide as it was a lot more than I wanted to spend. However, after looking at some of the Dell XPS laptop reviews and seeing all the WiFi issues that it had, I decided that putting my money toward a good laptop now that will hopefully last me at least 5 years is a worthwhile investment... Only thing I didn't purchase at the checkout was Apple Care as I think I have a year to add it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/azyje5a4.jpg

You'll love it. Congrats! And now I'm jealous.
    JoyfulHeart35 and Eileen89 like this.
    10-25-2013 08:09 AM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/azyje5a4.jpg

Congrats! I am sure you will be happy with your new purchase... it will serve you well... and congrats on doing your 'homework' first... you really did a thorough job and asked a lot of questions. THAT's really the only way to make a good decision of this magnitude.

And when you have that "how do I" question tomorrow, next week or even next year, know that we (and more like us) will be here to help you through that, as well.
    JoyfulHeart35, CDG and Eileen89 like this.
    10-25-2013 02:23 PM
    Congrats! I am sure you will be happy with your new purchase... it will serve you well... and congrats on doing your 'homework' first... you really did a thorough job and asked a lot of questions. THAT's really the only way to make a good decision of this magnitude.

And when you have that "how do I" question tomorrow, next week or even next year, know that we (and more like us) will be here to help you through that, as well.
    Thank you so much. Given that this is my first Mac, I have a feeling I will have a lot of questions. In the meantime I've been reviewing some of the past threads in this forum for questions that others have already asked which might help... Just checked my shipping status again for the 20th time, lol, and I see that it is now in the Preparing for shipment status. Also, I called Apple this evening to ask a question about the shipping carrier and the rep said he would waive the $15 that I paid for the 2-3 business day shipping. This is one of the many reasons why I love Apple and will continue buying their products.

10-25-2013 10:00 PM
    I picked up my new MBP today after work and have been playing with it for almost 5 hours trying to figure everything out. The Mac is soooo much different than my Dell PC, but I think I'll get used to it in a week or so. I downloaded FireFox and Google Chrome, set up my Gmail account so far. Unfortunately my Verizon mail is not setting up right so I'll have to trouble shoot this tomorrow. The display on here is so bright and clear with no glare that I can notice. I'm glad that I went with the 15" display. Have to get up at 4am so it's time to put this on the charger for a few hours.
    10-28-2013 10:55 PM
80 ... 234