MacBook 2,1 (Mid 2007) SSD Upgrade Question

marberto

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I know that the mid 2007 macbook supports SATA, however, I'm looking to upgrade to a SSD and all the deals I find are for SATA III.

I know that data transfer wont be SATA III speeds but connection and compatibility wise, would I be fine??????

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I know that the mid 2007 macbook supports SATA, however, I'm looking to upgrade to a SSD and all the deals I find are for SATA III.

I know that data transfer wont be SATA III speeds but connection and compatibility wise, would I be fine??????

The connectors are the same, so, apart from any performance issues, it should work fine.

asheenlevrai

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Sorry for hijacking the tread but I bet no one would now add anything about the OP...

I still have one of those prehistoric macbook2,1 and I already upgraded from the original 80GB HDD to a 500GB hybrid drive.

Now I'd like to upgrade to a 120GB SSD that I have around (OCZ ARC100) but apparently the drive is not recognized as an internal drive. The drives works fine on other machines (PC and Macs)...

I have no idea why this macbook cannot see this SSD? Even when booting holding down the tab key... The SSD won't show up. Any suggestion?

Best,
-a-

asheenlevrai

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Sorry for hijacking the tread but I bet no one would now add anything about the OP...

I still have one of those prehistoric macbook2,1 and I already upgraded from the original 80GB HDD to a 500GB hybrid drive.

Now I'd like to upgrade to a 120GB SSD that I have around (OCZ ARC100) but apparently the drive is not recognized as an internal drive. The drives works fine on other machines (PC and Macs)...

I have no idea why this macbook cannot see this SSD? Even when booting holding down the tab key... The SSD won't show up. Any suggestion?

Best,
-a-

same problem using 120GB Crucial MX100 SSD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2