Can I make my Macbook Air into a router for internet sharing using wifi for use with iPhone, etc?

I

iMore Question

Can I make my Macbook Air into a router for internet sharing using wifi for use with iphone, etc

I am looking for a way of making my Macbook Air into a 'repeater' router when I am away from home and connected to a wifi network that requires a user name and a password to join, so that I can connect to it to receive internet on my iPhone and iPad without having to purchase more internet time for each of these. I have Googled this and have found instructions hoe to do it on a Mac but my Macbook Air does not have a 'wifi port'.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can I make my Macbook Air into a router for internet sharing using wifi for use with iphone, etc

No.

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can I make my Macbook Air into a router for internet sharing using wifi for use with iphone, etc

You can share your internet from another source over Wi-Fi, but you can't use a Mac as a Wi-Fi repeater.

Hallo562

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

Well, do you have a LAN? On windows platform, the solution is you use a wifi sharing software, but your laptop must be in the LAN. Then the software use your wifi card for sharing, I don't know whether on Mac has this sort of software.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm still trying to figure out what a "wifi port" is.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1